*UPDATED with PICS* plasti dip time!

Ok sorry for the loooooooooong delay, I got before and after pics of the badging and grill I put em on photobucket but im on the mobile version so when I get home ill post em here!

Just realized some of the pics are crappy quality, Ill re take a couple shots so you can see it a lot more clearly! Thanks for all your guys help! Hope you like what I got done so far, I can't wait to finish it all!

Did they turn out as good as you expected?

Hell yes! Well the first wheel was a lil rough textured, I learned from that one and everything else layed out smooth so Im re spraying that one to match this weekend. I effin love plasti dip! I can't wait to do more! I'm doing my boys civic badges this weekend for him too! Thanks for the advice and help along the way! Not bad for my first time plasti dipping aye? Lol. But Imma do all the trim in black with the pearlizer next I hope that looks as good as I'm thinking it will!

is there a trick or dip to removing the tape without the plasti dip sticking to the tape? I've done all my wheels they were fin,and i plasti dip smoked my taillights. but when i did my badges i taped off around them. when i pulled the tape the dip came with It! so much so that i had to take it all off. so i went and got model car paint for them. but now i want to do the center of My hood(99 Durango) and don't want the same thing to happen. any advice please!

jvc deck

stinger 1800 front

hc 2000 kinetic rear

2 runs of 1/0g

big 3/4

ct 60.4

2 ct 1400.1

ct EXO 15 d1

lots of deadner

type r comps front stage

6 kicker tweets rear stage

lots of great stuff

coming soon

ho alt

more bats

ct comps for front stage

more deadner

sweet amp rack

lots of L.E.D lights

new deck (thinking 80 prs, or flip out)

Pull of the tape when the dip is wet.

Just put it back down each time and pull back off.

b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png

Krakin's Home Dipole Project

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370

Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist?

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself

but what has drawn your attention

in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums

An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space

Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears,

thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.

is there a trick or dip to removing the tape without the plasti dip sticking to the tape? I've done all my wheels they were fin,and i plasti dip smoked my taillights. but when i did my badges i taped off around them. when i pulled the tape the dip came with It! so much so that i had to take it all off. so i went and got model car paint for them. but now i want to do the center of My hood(99 Durango) and don't want the same thing to happen. any advice please!

How far out did you mask around the badging? Don't mask too close, that way you have room to pull of the dip without it peeling the badging, I masked about 4 to 6 inches out and used a toothpick to get in-between the letters. I should have made a video, I do need to re dip a badge if you want I can do it tomorrow and make a video so you can watch step by step if I'd that'd help out bro? Its simpler that it seems I was a lil scared my first time on badges too but its wasn't bad. PM me and ill give you my number ifits easier to talk that way but ill do you a video bro if you want its no thing man

I left them on and masked a few inches out from the emblems. Where the plastidip is thick it's easy to peel off what you want but little overspray is an absolute pain to get off

Use Mineral Spirits to remove overspray!!

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/garage/vehicle/2438-jeep-commander/

th_140x100square.jpgMechman_140x100px.JPGDCHome.jpgI

image_url-76414-1423274612_thumb.jpgimage_url-76414-1423320284_thumb.jpg

Pioneer P99RS
Ampere 3800
2-Ampere 125/4
4-6.5 inch Hertz HSK XL Mids
4-8 inch JL Audio ZR Midwoofer

2-5.25 Satori Mids
2-Morel Tweeters, 2 Hertz Milles 3 inch on A pillars
2-Hertz Silk tweeters
DC Audio Level 5/12
Skyhigh Wire
Mechman 320
XS Power D3100

MO Funniest Thread of the Year 2013: http://www.stevemead...dy-being-a-pos/

yea a video would be amazing! this is such a better forum then the one i just came from! any time someone would ask a question you just got lit up with bs remarks! and has anyone done racing stripes with it? like i said I'm looking to do a good portion of my hood. Cant seem to post pics from my phone

jvc deck

stinger 1800 front

hc 2000 kinetic rear

2 runs of 1/0g

big 3/4

ct 60.4

2 ct 1400.1

ct EXO 15 d1

lots of deadner

type r comps front stage

6 kicker tweets rear stage

lots of great stuff

coming soon

ho alt

more bats

ct comps for front stage

more deadner

sweet amp rack

lots of L.E.D lights

new deck (thinking 80 prs, or flip out)

Carbon on here did a stripe on his late car.

I'll try and find a pick of it.

b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png

Krakin's Home Dipole Project

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370

Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist?

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself

but what has drawn your attention

in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums

An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space

Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears,

thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.

Archived