Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

I need the box help please!


_paralyzed_

Recommended Posts

Posted

I think that it will work ported but may not have as much bandwidth and be a little "peakier." I have heard people say you can use a larger than usual ported enclosure to help with those problems. Sierra can probably help describe it better than I can. Sealed would make for a flatter response. I would grab two more if you have the room. Cone area is king. :)

2005 Ford Focus zx4

AMT's and Planars

18" Infinite baffle

Posted

Well, sealed seems to be the way to go with these subs. Should I stay with Boston's recommended 2.0 feet per sub, or would a little larger box be a little better?

Posted

If it for a van sub up port back

As far fwd as you can get it will work better

And because of the type of sub just don't tune it as low, aim for 40-42hz

Posted

Did anyone else see the mainfactores recomadions of a single 2" port 4" long in 3.5

Idd keep it on the small side but not that small

Idd do 4x 6" in 14net

Posted

I've decided I'm keeping them sealed thanks to CleanSierra's advice. After he said what he said I looked at the response curves and sealed will get me much better low bass.

Now, do I use boston's recommended 2.0 cubes per sub, or will a little bigger sealed box be a little better?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 440 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...