Aaron Dominguez Posted September 30, 2013 Author Report Posted September 30, 2013 Is buying a box your only option? Do you have the ability to build one yourself if given a design?I want to build my own but like I said the closest place to me that sells mdf is over 2 hours away and I don't have a truck to go get it, I could use a design tho if I find some mdf, looking to tune kinda low around 30-34 hzYou can have the place you buy it make the cuts for you. You can then take the pieces home and assemble them. All you need us a design and a cut sheetWould lowes or home depot make the cuts if I took the 2 hour trip because I prefer building 1 rather than buying a prefab
Krakin Posted September 30, 2013 Report Posted September 30, 2013 My Lowes makes simple cuts. Krakin's Home Dipole Project http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370 Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist? I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . . What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself but what has drawn your attention in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears, thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.
sprkn_ranger Posted September 30, 2013 Report Posted September 30, 2013 Both lowes and Home Depot should make the cuts for you...if you have a circular saw and a straight edge or a table saw at home, then have them cut the pieces a little larger than you need and them trim them down to the correct dimensions yourself. I've found that sometimes they aren't super careful with measurements and will be off a 1/4" sometimes. Check out my build log! 4 Havocs in a blowthrough http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/187506-sprkn-rangers-blowthrough-build/
Aaron Dominguez Posted September 30, 2013 Author Report Posted September 30, 2013 Can any 1 give me a design for a box for the SA-12? I talked to the local audio shop but its probably gonna be pricey (guy says the wood they use can get up to $60 a sheet) I want something that will slam hard, I want it really loud but able to pick up the lows good, I have about 36" in length, 16-17" in height, and about 20-24" of depth to work with (2004 Hyundai Tiburon hatch) I appreciate every ones help on
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.