Jump to content

radio help


intrevic

Recommended Posts

Posted

ok so I have a 2013 sonata with just the standard radio. I have the volume control bluetooth etc on the steering wheel. It also has the ipod aux built into the dash as well. I ordered a RF T1000 and a FI SSD and my question is am I going to get the same output from my system with the factory radio by me using the Audiocontrol line converter or do I have to get a radio to get the best performance. I want to point out that there is no company that I've seen that makes a harness to integrate with my steering wheel.

Posted

Feel free to correct me folks but an aftermarket radio would be better.

As far as integrate with steering wheel? They may not list your vehicle but I'm 99% sure, there is a harness for ya. I mean, I don't believe anyone makes one for me but yet, I have one. It's just unlisted.

Sheena = pedobear

Posted

hook it up and see how it sounds to you. a new stereo will make the mids/highs souind better along with the bass. if your only adding bass most likely the mids/highs wont keep up and sound as good with the stock stereo. but pac and a few other companies make a universal steering wheel adaptor that should work for you .

smdsig2.jpg
Posted

Aftermarket radio is ALWAYS my FIRST investment!!! stock radio's have such a distorted signal its a night and day difference! also with the steering wheel harness, I believe you have to find the particular radio you want and they would have an adapter.... but losing steering wheel controls is nothing major compared to the amount of damage you can do to your euipqment because of distortion. Also aftermarket HU have all of the options you named and are still in a affordable price range!

2011 Nissan Altima aka Red Ruby

HEADUNIT: Pioneer AVH X2700BS

ELECTRICAL:

-Singer 230a

-Northstar gr34

-(2) Northstar SMS220 w/ Custom Terminals from 12V Metalworkz

-100% Welding Cable

FRONT STAGE:
-(2 Sets) Hertz HSK165

-Hertz HSK130

-Ampere Audio 125.4

SUB STAGE:

-(3) Sundown Audio SA REV2 12's

-Ampere Audio 3800.1 V2

MISC (NON AUDIO RELATED):

-Interior & Exterior Lights LED

-Gloss Black Roof (PAINTED)

-15% Front, 5% Rear Tint

-Roof Spoiler

-20" TSW Snettertons (20x8.5 front, 20x10 rear)

-Custom Projector Retrofit (FX-R 3.0, 6.5k HID, Morimoto Mini H1 (faux projector), Quad Starry Night Halos) ----- COMING SOON!!

-Aftermarket Fog Lights

-Custom Painted Engine Covers

My Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/169869-woods-2011-altima-aka-red-ruby-new-video-more-updates/page-109

Retrofit Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/185787-hid-projector-retrofitting-diy-by-wood/#entry2765346

Posted

when i kept my factory head unit I ran: Audiocontrol LC6i, connected by front tweeters, front mids, and factory sub in to the LC6i, connected just the main out (full signal) to a Kicker KQ9, than back to an Audiocontrol 6XS into Hifonics 2 channel, 4 channel, mono block. it sounded great but than I wanted a video DD to put up front.

if I were in you I'd probably run an Audiocontrol EQS and Audiocontrol 6XS or Audiocontrol DQXS if you're intent on keeping the factory headunit to retain steering wheel controls. when I used a steering wheel control interface I found that it was not quite as responsive as the factory controls.

if nothing changes, nothing changes

You don't know what you don't know, till you don't know

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 881 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...