Cablguy184's 1997 Chevy Silverado ... DJM 4/6 - Air Ride

Looks good man. But my question is, why do you need airshoks when you have the bags? Ive been out of the airride game awhile and just curious.

Thanks for responding ...

I've had the air shocks on the truck for a while ... We've just lowered the truck recently and installed the rear bags yesterday ...

I'm just wondering if I can just "tie them in" somehow or just fork out the money (that I do not have at the moment) and buy gas riders for the truck ...

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

• 1 month later...

For those of you guys interested ... This truck will be returned to as much stock as possible over the summer.

All of the attention will be turned to the 49 Ford, Which will have a COMPLETE Air Ride setup when done ...

I will start a Air Ride suspension thread on the 49 as soon as we actually get to work on the car ... Thank you SMD ...

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

the welds are making me nervous! Not to be a dick but you need to rip that stuff off and build proper brackets then clean the metal before you weld...

Thank you for your concern. However ... there is no problem with the welds.

Looking good man! I haven't seen the truck in a while. Maybe when I get back from this trip you, mike, josh and me can meetup.

Thanks man ... the truck is officially retired fron Car Audio competition ...

We will be setting everything up in the 1949 Ford ...

But yes, give us a call so we can all meet up and chat !!!

• 2 months later...

the welds are making me nervous! Not to be a dick but you need to rip that stuff off and build proper brackets then clean the metal before you weld...

I tend to also find myself agreeing on this..maybe just angles,but they just look weak thin-ish/splashy..is this tig,mig, arc welded?

I tend to also find myself agreeing on this..maybe just angles,but they just look weak thin-ish/splashy..is this tig,mig, arc welded?
Stand there and let me hit you over the head with the metal that we used and see if the metal we used is "weak thin-ish/splashy"

We use this truck as the tow pig now and there are no issues with this truck supporting weight.

Stand there and let me hit you over the head with the metal that we used and see if the metal we used is "weak thin-ish/splashy"

We use this truck as the tow pig now and there are no issues with this truck supporting weight.

I don't think that was called for. I have seen such "OK welds" fail. With dirty metal, splattered welds and no geometry involved in the design I would say it's a good thing it's stock again

Archived