Second Skin Audio

New dd subs

Dd9515 king

I've been saying it for the past few years.

DD is focusing more on becoming more of a commercial brand than anything.

The only thing they have left is the reputation of the DD logo on them IMO.

wrong they are focusing on innovation

What have they done in the past few years that you can honestly say is "innovative"?

Besides sending emails to try and get car audio enthusiasts to buy something they sell?

Team Bass-Hz

screenshot5-1.jpg

What have they done in the past few years that you can honestly say is "innovative"?

Besides sending emails to try and get car audio enthusiasts to buy something they sell?

...add a supercharged model...lol thats all ive noticed. some one fill me in. im curious to know

...add a supercharged model...lol thats all ive noticed. some one fill me in. im curious to know

Don't get me wrong 10+ years ago, there was no other subwoofer company doing the things they do, but lately they have fallen behind. This 99 series with the exception of the 21" has been done. It's not they are the first ones to make a 4" coil driver or the first ones to use a high roll surround. I'm not bashing DD just trying to justify that they are no longer the same brand we all grew to love.

Team Bass-Hz

screenshot5-1.jpg

Don't get me wrong 10+ years ago, there was no other subwoofer company doing the things they do, but lately they have fallen behind. This 99 series with the exception of the 21" has been done. It's not they are the first ones to make a 4" coil driver or the first ones to use a high roll surround. I'm not bashing DD just trying to justify that they are no longer the same brand we all grew to love.

yes. i do get n understand that they have innovated things for the hobby years back. and they have pretty much held their own spot. i respect that. i think we all kinda do. but as far as staying innovative i dont think thats where the focus is now days.

yes. i do get n understand that they have innovated things for the hobby years back. and they have pretty much held their own spot. i respect that. i think we all kinda do. but as far as staying innovative i dont think thats where the focus is now days.

That's exactly what I've been trying to say lol

If you take a DD sub built in the the 1990s and a DD sub built in past year or two everyone will see that the way the quality has gone down.

Team Bass-Hz

screenshot5-1.jpg

What about the true 6.5 woofer. It is the first one that size. Now more are tryin to follow. Then if you email them or call you can get thwm to do almost anything to them.

They are not the first. Kicker has been making 6.5" woofers (CVT 6.5) since 2008 that I know of, maybe longer.

So technically they are trying to follow Kicker, aren't they?

Kickin' Cruiser

Seller Feedback

Stage 3
Dash, Door Panels,
4th Order wall 4 - 15's
on a DC 5.0K 2 DC 5.0K's

Solo X 15 (v.2) Sub Build

What about the true 6.5 woofer. It is the first one that size. Now more are tryin to follow. Then if you email them or call you can get thwm to do almost anything to them.

They are not the first. Kicker has been making 6.5" woofers (CVT 6.5) since 2008 that I know of, maybe longer.

So technically they are trying to follow Kicker, aren't they?

I thought he was trolling with that reply lol

Team Bass-Hz

screenshot5-1.jpg

That's exactly what I've been trying to say lol

If you take a DD sub built in the the 1990s and a DD sub built in past year or two everyone will see that the way the quality has gone down.

Exactly, its probably been maybe 8-9 years since I personally used DD products, or bought them. I still got a couple DD amps I still use, but no subs. Tho I seem to be constantly recoing them for others and a local shop as well.

The quality of their recones is just hurundous at best, same can be said for aq/sq, whatever you want to call them now.

Here is a recone ive just done, Ive got video of it too, but the gluing is mind boggling.

The spiders are wavey for some reason, so getting it to lay flat is not happening. in many spots the spider pack is not even glued together, there is no glue on the bottom of the cone, tho they coat the former in glue.

These 9512G recones cost $190 each! Thats one of the more expensive recones for a 3inch coil driver and many 4 inch drivers.

They still use the same erom surrounds, but for some reason they seem to be a shorter height, and they still got their cones which I like, but the spiders changed for the worse I feel.

Another thing Ive noticed is they use to use their own DDAudio branded wire for direct connects, now they us DB Link one of the cheaper wire companies on the market, their 1/0 gauge wire is like a quality 4gauge wire..

1267366_643029692398016_342936301_o.jpg

Archived