Second Skin Audio

4th order bandpass vs. standard ported ?

JesseyMclame

I'm still not seeing how that could be a waste as long as the driver isn't insanely vented favorable.

You won't see as much excursion from a sealed box but that just means you can put a higher rated and more dynamic amplifier to it without worrying about mechanical failure.

b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png

Krakin's Home Dipole Project

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370

Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist?

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself

but what has drawn your attention

in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums

An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space

Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears,

thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.

Well to add to this, if your asking the differences between the two, your more then likely best off making a ported box. Bandpasses require alot work and experience. You may have to rebuild them 5 times before you actually get your ratios right. Even if you get them perfect on paper in real life the box might react completely different unfortunately. If you can get it right they can be alot louder and play across a much wider bandwidth . I personally loved my last 6th order.

It would be much better if people would respond with details about the enclosures so that the OP can understand what they are and why you would use either one instead of people jsut saying don't worry about it, they are hard...

If you provide information about them then the OP can decide whether or not he has the abilities/time/money to mess with them.

This goes for pretty much every thread lately that people ask what something is or does. How will you ever learn if you are just told to not do it.

b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png

Krakin's Home Dipole Project

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370

Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist?

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself

but what has drawn your attention

in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums

An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space

Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears,

thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.

I would try to reline the motor on the sub that's not working

Yeah, I was thinking about it. Fi wanted some 160 or 170 for a recone, Psi only said 240 to recone both of them, But I'm still not sure. I was confused on the fact that there is no bolts or screws going into the motor from the top plate.

It would be much better if people would respond with details about the enclosures so that the OP can understand what they are and why you would use either one instead of people jsut saying don't worry about it, they are hard...

If you provide information about them then the OP can decide whether or not he has the abilities/time/money to mess with them.

This goes for pretty much every thread lately that people ask what something is or does. How will you ever learn if you are just told to not do it.

Hey thank you. I appreciate it. But yeah, a 6th order sounds pretty attractive. I don't see why it would be any harder to build than any other box. It's all just a box. Just might have to take more time and be more precise with it. Do you think a 6th order with 1 15" in an extended cab would do well ?

Current setup in my 96 Hoe

Hu - Pioneer DEH-80prs.

Amps - (4) Crossfire C5 1700D's, MTX Thunder 5604(mids), PPI Art 300.2 (tweets)

Batts - 4 91ah rear batts, 50ah batt up front.

Subs - 2 Crossfire XSv2 18's

Alt - Singer 330A

Front stage - Random JL & Eclipse mids, Eclipse tweets

Archived