Sonic Electronix

Thoughts on my plans for a system?

Regardless of the size alt, the big 3 will help. Your are helping to reduce resistance allowing current an easier path. It's definitely not a replacement for an alternator, but in truth if your running audio equipment, you should probably do it. Upgradeing the battery under your hood might be a good start as well, biggest agm you can fit. Go to XS power website they will tell you.

And about the AQ2200, although it may seem not as good because of less power than the zrx. It is higher quality. Quality over quanity.

Id rather have a real good true 1500 watts then a nasty 3000. Not trying to bash hifonics or anything

My audio system

HU - Kenwood KDC bt755HD

Subs - Sundown SA 10 -2

Amplifier - CT Sounds 900.1

Car - 2013 scion TC

"It matter's not what other's think about you as long as you are happy with who you are"

"Great people didn't not sit around and wait for great thing's to come their way, they laced up their shoes, went out kicked some ass and made them happen"

"Until you've taken a long walk in my size 11 you have no right to judge me"

Musical interests: We came as romans, A Day To Remember, Three Days Grace, Disturbed, Story Of The Year, Atreyu, Breaking Benjamin, rise against, bullet for my valentine, red, skillet, Volbeat, alterbridge, creed, T.I., B.o.B, Eminem, T-pain,

Nothing wrong with the amp you are looking at. Hifonics is not popular on this site seems.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/garage/vehicle/2438-jeep-commander/

th_140x100square.jpgMechman_140x100px.JPGDCHome.jpgI

image_url-76414-1423274612_thumb.jpgimage_url-76414-1423320284_thumb.jpg

Pioneer P99RS
Ampere 3800
2-Ampere 125/4
4-6.5 inch Hertz HSK XL Mids
4-8 inch JL Audio ZR Midwoofer

2-5.25 Satori Mids
2-Morel Tweeters, 2 Hertz Milles 3 inch on A pillars
2-Hertz Silk tweeters
DC Audio Level 5/12
Skyhigh Wire
Mechman 320
XS Power D3100

MO Funniest Thread of the Year 2013: http://www.stevemead...dy-being-a-pos/

Regardless of the size alt, the big 3 will help. Your are helping to reduce resistance allowing current an easier path. It's definitely not a replacement for an alternator, but in truth if your running audio equipment, you should probably do it. Upgradeing the battery under your hood might be a good start as well, biggest agm you can fit. Go to XS power website they will tell you.

And about the AQ2200, although it may seem not as good because of less power than the zrx. It is higher quality. Quality over quanity.

Id rather have a real good true 1500 watts then a nasty 3000. Not trying to bash hifonics or anything

Ok, that might be the path I take! Thank you sir!

Nothing wrong with the amp you are looking at. Hifonics is not popular on this site seems.

I've personally not heard anything bad about them tbh, so I'm not really sure what is wrong with them. I respect what Iceman said, especially when he says he's not bashing hfonics, he just would rather go with something more trusted which I understand. For a 16yr old kid, I don't really mind if I have top notch quality with everything in my car. I know DC is pretty top of the line equipment, Hifonics is good as far as I know, but maybe the price of their amps is what throws people off, not really sure. On Sonic Electronix the ZRX3200.1d is like 259.xx something like that, 400 off of retail price, which is 619.99, so if that were regular price I believe people would think differently probably. I'll do some thinking, thanks for all the help guys!

trayten, hope this helps you. Here is a link to understanding voltage, amps and watts.http://www.rapidtables.com/calc/electric/Amp_to_Watt_Calculator.htm

Ok, thanks a lot, I will read this when I go back to school in a few minutes!

Vehicle: 1988 Cadillac Brougham

Pioneer DEH-X9500BHS Head Unit

Custom box built by me (designed by forum member g2shuck)

(1) DC XL 15

(2) SQ q1-1200d

(2) Crescendo PWX-6's.

(more to come someday.)

People on her have said hifonics are ok but for the price of then you can get something that is less power hungry for about the same price. Use soundqubed for example. 1200wamp for 220 and no ware near as power hungry and does above rated rms clean

2012 Chevy sonic1xSQ HDC3 12 D2RF R1200d

140 square foot of Q-Mat(soon to be installed)

140.2Db sealed on the dash with TL

142 DB sealed on the dash with another meter (was dead on with the TL at a show i was at)

141 on music.

strangeduck,on 02 Jan 2014 - 01:39 AM, said:

when my car spins out i just put the car in neutral, turn in the direction i want to go and pucker my asshole

People on her have said hifonics are ok but for the price of then you can get something that is less power hungry for about the same price. Use soundqubed for example. 1200wamp for 220 and no ware near as power hungry and does above rated rms clean

Someone wanna help me with terminology here..? What's it called when we put 2 amps to one sub? Cause for now, I could buy one of those Soundqubed 1500 watt amps to be on the safe side for $20 more than the hifonics, which i can live with. Then later on I could get another to actually power that sub with what it should be. I'm guessing I could go what, like a couple hundred watts over rms on that soundqubed amp? That would actually end up working for me I think.

(1) DC XL 15

(2) SQ q1-1200d

(2) Crescendo PWX-6's.

(more to come someday.)

Someone wanna help me with terminology here..? What's it called when we put 2 amps to one sub? Cause for now, I could buy one of those Soundqubed 1500 watt amps to be on the safe side for $20 more than the hifonics, which i can live with. Then later on I could get another to actually power that sub with what it should be. I'm guessing I could go what, like a couple hundred watts over rms on that soundqubed amp? That would actually end up working for me I think.

EDIT: I meant 1200 watt amp, not 1500. sorry.

(1) DC XL 15

(2) SQ q1-1200d

(2) Crescendo PWX-6's.

(more to come someday.)

You are describing bi-amping the sub, which is using two amplifiers to power one sub, usually one per voice coil.

Not to be confused with strapping amps, which makes two function like 1 in a master/slave mode.

side not what not drop the power to something your cars elect. can handle

and go with a lvl3 or lvl4 on q1-1200

I could do that but I want a little more than that, especially for when I'm able to afford a bigger amp and better electrical.. There would be no sense in me buying a system now for temporary use then to just get a bigger one.. I want one that's sort of temporary, like 1-2 years temporary :P Thanks for the input though, at least people are posting and helping :D I'm MOST likely going with the AQ 1200 watt amp and the DC XL 15. Now just to decide what to do with the electrical. :P

(1) DC XL 15

(2) SQ q1-1200d

(2) Crescendo PWX-6's.

(more to come someday.)

Archived