I'm in the market for a ps3 headset that's compatible with ps4, budget is $150-$170. Needs to be wireless, and have surround sound. 7.1 preferably. I was looking at this headset but I found out its not Dolby Digital Headphone its just normal VSS here is the headset Sony Pulse Elite Edition At first reading it would be ideal for the bass head like me, because it features bass impact technology but instead of vibration motors it uses "actuators" to "pulse" the ear cups for added effect for bass, like you can feel the gun shots and explosions, Plus it can be optimized for Grand Theft Auto V.

I've never used headsets before for gaming, but I have a friend that swears that it gives an advantage during FPS games, something about hearing the footsteps of your enemy coming up behind you, I wouldn't know never had a headset.

I know that I'm looking for wireless, and having Dolby Digital Headphone or DTS Headphone decoder.

It would be great if anyone could give input.

Skar Audio SDR 10" x2 (Sealed Box)

Skar Audio 1500.1D (1 Ohm) x1

Skar Audio TX525c (Front with dash tweeter) x1

Kenwood Excelon KFC-X173 (Rear Coax) x1

JL Audio 360.4 (Mids & Highs Amp) x1 

DEH80-PRS

XS Power d3400

Singer Alternator 275A

98 Jeep TJ 4.0 5 Speed

Try them on before you buy if possible, I have the model earlier/lower and they work great, they just creak a bit if you move your head around a lot. It usually doesn't bother me, but I could see how a lot of people could get pissed.

This is the set me and I think Kylar has also: http://us.playstation.com/ps3/accessories/wireless-stereo-headset-ps3.html

And full stereo headsets are pretty awesome.

The headset I linked to is actually the upgraded model of the headset that you linked to.

While the VSS looks nice on both headsets, I've been reading that there is actually a difference between both Sony VSS and both Dolby Digital and DTS both for headphones, How much I'm not sure, perhaps someone can chime in on that.

DEH80-PRS

XS Power d3400

Singer Alternator 275A

98 Jeep TJ 4.0 5 Speed

I have the pulse sony ones and love them. Surround is virtual but its still pretty good compared to using my 7.1 setup. setup. The pulse is neat but the headphones themselves have decent bass for gaming.

2013 F150 Crew Cab

Old Build Log

Feedback

2013 F150

Equipment - Some Awesome Stereo Sound Making Stuff

I'm just wondering but what does virtual actually mean? Is it not true surround sound?

DEH80-PRS

XS Power d3400

Singer Alternator 275A

98 Jeep TJ 4.0 5 Speed

How would one know if its using true 7.1 vs virtual? I'm looking at a set right now but I'm not sure if its true 7.1 or virtual. Its the Turtle Beach PX5 Ear Force, Says 7.1 dolby surround.

DEH80-PRS

XS Power d3400

Singer Alternator 275A

98 Jeep TJ 4.0 5 Speed

Think about it for a second. Why do you use surround sound? In a large room right? I never understood the concept of surround sound in headphones when the speakers are half and inch away from your ears. Why are you going with SS headphones rather than a good pair of headphones like HD558 for the same price, if not cheaper.

Alpine PDX-V9

Morel Tempo 6

Alpine SBR-S8-4

Alpine CDE 149BT

Because when you're playing a shooter the surround sound helps with knowing where people. Plus it makes everything more immerse, almost all games have a pretty good 5.1 soundtrack on them now. Even though its in headphones you can still sense where the sound is coming from.

I believe most Best Buys have a display with Turtle Beach headphones. You could go try the virtual and actual surround sound ones out to see what you think.

Edited by Robert8252

2013 F150 Crew Cab

Old Build Log

Feedback

2013 F150

Equipment - Some Awesome Stereo Sound Making Stuff

Unfortunately I do not have a best buy around where I live, I have a super walmart, gamestop, and something like a circuit city, electronics express.

DEH80-PRS

XS Power d3400

Singer Alternator 275A

98 Jeep TJ 4.0 5 Speed