Second Skin Audio

has anyone ever used second skin spectrum and damplifier pro to deaden

I just want to know if anybody here has used the spectrum and the damplifier pro to deaden the interior of the car for bass and vibrations. And if you have please tell me about the setup you have and the experience you had with both of these products

You need trunk space to get groceries and shit...bitches love groceries

J. Jsig_253411.jpgMy CardomainFINISHED COBALT SS/SC DUAL ALTERNATOR PICS icon_nuts.gif

theres no such thing as too expensive when it comes to upgrades like that, because imo if you are gonna spend to upgrade then do it correctly rather then be a cheap ass ricer

that just looks like a shit load of deadener..does it still rattle or flex? My idea was just to put a nice coat or two of spectrum on the roof..rear quarter panels and trunk lid..then a week later go 100% coverage on the damplifier pro

ya i used alot. the only thing that rattled for a while was this shield for the gas tank but it eventually stopped.

while it doesnt matter if u used spectrum first then damp pro i would suggest damp pro them spectrum like i did. for 2 reasons. 1 the spectrum gives you a uniform layer and covers an butyl from the damp pro (not really a huge deal but its nice) 2 spectrum takes up to 30 days to fully cure. so even though its good to go after a week it probably wont be fully cured.

Edited by emperorjj1

J. Jsig_253411.jpgMy CardomainFINISHED COBALT SS/SC DUAL ALTERNATOR PICS icon_nuts.gif

theres no such thing as too expensive when it comes to upgrades like that, because imo if you are gonna spend to upgrade then do it correctly rather then be a cheap ass ricer

ya i used alot. the only thing that rattled for a while was this shield for the gas tank but it eventually stopped.

while it doesnt matter if u used spectrum first then damp pro i would suggest damp pro them spectrum like i did. for 2 reasons. 1 the spectrum gives you a uniform layer and covers an butyl from the damp pro (not really a huge deal but its nice) 2 spectrum takes up to 30 days to fully cure. so even though its good to go after a week it probably wont be fully cured.

did u spray it on or roll it on?

• 2 weeks later...

do 25% coverage though with the CLD though. anything else and you're just try using it as a barrier which CLD is a really poor barrier and it's also an expensive.

I think you have a bit of truck stuck in your mud bro

~Ford Ranger, ext cab
Kenwood DDX470
1/0ga stinger wiring for big 3
1/0ga ofc flextech wiring

3 kinetik 800's

AQ2200 @1ohm

Sundown Audio X15

in a 27Hz tuned ported box

LE BUILD LOG!!!

They do it wrong.

CLD just doesn't have the material characteristics to be a good barrier material.

Using CLD as a barrier is like using a midrange to play bass.

25% coverage with damplifier pro, you do 100% coverage with MLV (Mass loaded Vinyl). Just make sure you use a minimum of 1/8th inch coverage in between the MLV and the panels/CLD with CCF (Closed Cell Foam).

I know that Second Skin sells some of the best MLV (Luxury Liner Pro) and CLD (Damplifier Pro). Not too sure if they have CCF though, I'll check.

b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png

Krakin's Home Dipole Project

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370

Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist?

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself

but what has drawn your attention

in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums

An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space

Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears,

thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.

Yes Second Skin has CCF.

So they have everything you need.

b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png

Krakin's Home Dipole Project

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370

Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist?

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself

but what has drawn your attention

in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums

An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space

Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears,

thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.