Looking for "opinions" on my future setup.

Rabbit

Howdy folks, I'm new here as you can tell. But I'm looking for some opinions on my future set up i plan on purchasing once i get my 05 chevy equinox LT paid off. Only 5 payments left :rockwoot:

Anywho as i mentioned everything will be installed in a 05 Chevy Equinox LT. I'm just going to list the current components i have selected. I wont list things such as speaker wire, cables, alternator, battery, etc. Okay so here's the list of things I've chosing so far.

1. Component speakers set - Rockford Fosgate T5652-S (Note: Will not be adding rear speakers, only front stage.) http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_44193_Rockford-Fosgate-T5652-S.html

2. Subwoofers - 2x JL Audio 10W6v3D4 10" duel 4 ohm http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_69573_JL-Audio-10W6v3-D4.html

3. Mono block AMP for subs - Rockford fosgate T1000-1bdCPhttp://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_25132_Rockford-Fosgate-T1000-1bdCP.html

4. 2 Channel AMP for component set - Rockford Fosgate T600-2 http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_8894_Rockford-Fosgate-Power-T600-2.html

5. Head unit - Pioneer AVH-X8500BHS http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_66714_Pioneer-AVH-X8500BHS.html

6. Audiocontrol EQX - http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_7197_AudioControl-EQX-COLOR-WHITE.html

Alright that's everything far as the "main" components go. Would love some opinions on what I've selected and/or what i should add. Thanks a ton! Not looking for PURE SQ but will have mix between SQ/SPL

The head unit you have listed does not have time alignment (according to the specs) ... Nice, but not going to get you far as Sound Quality is concerned ...

The Audio control unit ... really nice, but if you have a better head unit ... The Audio Control will not be needed ...

I see you like Rockford ... So if you plan to run that component set "ON axis", you might want to look into a stronger amplifier for that passive setup ... then again, better headunit = more options ...

Subs I like, but that amplifier ... not so much. If you are into true Audiophile Sound Quality, you might want to research something in the class A/B category that can reproduce notes with accuracy ... not so much emphasis on athority ...

Then again ... all of this is just my suggestion sir

Best of luck with you setup !!!

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

The head unit you have listed does not have time alignment (according to the specs) ... Nice, but not going to get you far as Sound Quality is concerned ...

The Audio control unit ... really nice, but if you have a better head unit ... The Audio Control will not be needed ...

I see you like Rockford ... So if you plan to run that component set "ON axis", you might want to look into a stronger amplifier for that passive setup ... then again, better headunit = more options ...

Subs I like, but that amplifier ... not so much. If you are into true Audiophile Sound Quality, you might want to research something in the class A/B category that can reproduce notes with accuracy ... not so much emphasis on athority ...

Then again ... all of this is just my suggestion sir

Best of luck with you setup !!!

Thanks for replying but I'm not looking for pure SQ, but a mixture of box SQ/SQL. What double head unit would you sugest? Also what amp for subs would you sugest? What about replacing the audio control unit with 3sixty.3 unit? The Alpine ICS-X7HD has 6 channel digital time correction. Is that what you where looking for in the HU?

Sound Tuning

• Subwoofer Level Adjustment: 0 to +15 Step
  • Subwoofer Phase Setting: 0° or 180º
  • Parametric Equalizer (Band 1): 20 - 100 Hz
  • Parametric Equalizer (Band 2): 63 - 315 Hz
  • Parametric Equalizer (Band 3): 125 - 500 Hz
  • Parametric Equalizer (Band 4): 250 - 1k Hz
  • Parametric Equalizer (Band 5): 500 - 2k Hz
  • Parametric Equalizer (Band 6): 1k - 4k Hz
  • Parametric Equalizer (Band 7): 2k - 7.2k Hz
  • Parametric Equalizer (Band 8): 5.8k - 12k Hz
  • Parametric Equalizer (Band 9): 9k - 20k Hz
  • Parametric Equalizer (Bandwidth): 1 / 2 / 3
  • Parametric Equalizer (Gain): -7 to +7
  • Time Correction: 0.0 - 9.9 ms (0.1 ms/step)
  • Crossover Frequency: 20 / 25 / 31.5 / 40 / 50 / 63 / 80 / 100 / 125 / 200 Hz
  • Crossover Slope: Off / -6 / -12 / -18 / -24 dB/oct.
  • Crossover Gain: -12 to 0
  • Application Volume Level: -14 to +14

Sound Tuning

• Subwoofer Level: Subwoofer Level Adjustment
  • Subwoofer Phase Select: Subwoofer Phase Select (0° or 180°)
  • Equalizer: Flat, Pops, Rock, News, Jazz, Electrical Dance, Hip Hop, Easy Listening, Country, Classical
  • 9-band Parametric Equalizer: 9-band Parametric Equalizer
  • MediaXpander: MediaXpander®
  • Time Correction: Digital Time Correction
  • Crossover: Digital Crossover Setting
  • Application Volume Level Setting: Application Volume Level Setting
  • Sound Setting Data Download: Sound Setting Data Download

for me ... I do not use processors of any kind. Sort of one of those "too much of a good thing can be a bad thing" ...

With better consentration on speaker / driver installation ... the less need for JEDI mindtricks

Only thing I use in my Sound Quality vehicle is the Kenwood DNX9980HD. then from there it's to the amplifiers, then to the speakers ...

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

for me ... I do not use processors of any kind. Sort of one of those "too much of a good thing can be a bad thing" ...

With better consentration on speaker / driver installation ... the less need for JEDI mindtricks

Only thing I use in my Sound Quality vehicle is the Kenwood DNX9980HD. then from there it's to the amplifiers, then to the speakers ...

Man that is a really nice HU. The newest version DNN990HD is fantastic but really expensive $1,500.

Time you buy a headunit, processor, and everything external that the Kenwood does internally ... you would have spent just as much, if not more ...

and from the looks of your list ... you are looking for the best quality products for the hard earned buck ...

True. I guess with that HU i could get a Image dynamic Q450.4

and go active by bi-amping through the crossover that comes with the T5's. Also what about this amp for the subs? http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_22196_Image-Dynamics-Q1200.1.html it's A/B. Little more expensive then the T1000 RF, but i feel that image dynamic will provide cleaner bass since it's A/B.

MUCH better option there

Time you buy a headunit, processor, and everything external that the Kenwood does internally ... you would have spent just as much, if not more ...

and from the looks of your list ... you are looking for the best quality products for the hard earned buck ...

I logged in just to comment on this...so feel special. Lol.

Cabl, is definitely right on the $$ thing. I bought a new head unit (not for SQ, but it is a very nice head unit). I have crossovers, I have all that junk (minus the processor and maybe some other minor things). That bill is up there, for sure.

But I do have to say it's personal preference. Some people may not like that head unit. May not like the design, the look, the whatever. So they get something they like (which also, most likely costs less). But then they spend roughly the same amount of money buying all the external items to make up for it.

And not to bash Cabl at all, because he... well, knows his shit without a doubt (how many awards have you won?).. but do think Cabl is trying to steer more towards SQ. Just my opinion. I went for the SQ/SPL thing and while yes, I still need more gear to do a proper mix of the two, the few people who have heard my setup? Love it. I wanted the mids and highs a little overpowering over the bass and as one guy said "The mids/highs are little too loud over the bass for my liking but they are very clear, very clean and very crisp. I dig it". Everyone else? "Damn man, that is so damn clear and so loud". Mission? Achieved. But I also know, how "loud and clear" my setup is? Is nowhere near clean or whatnot as it should be in order to be a real SQ vehicle. I just wanted it good for me, and well... I like it. And I have a RF 1500bdcp. One of them "authority" amps.

Again, just my opinion. Cabl, for sure, knows his shit. I know I'm somewhat jelly of his ride. So definitely no hate or bashing here on ya man.

Sheena = pedobear

Archived