Looking for "opinions" on my future setup.

Rabbit

I could not agre with you more ... except for this ...

but do think Cabl is trying to steer more towards SQ. Just my opinion.

At just about every event where my truck was indoors with all the other SQ vehicles ... I keep my promise that anyone wants a demo, gets a demo ... No questions asked ... and just about every event where my truck was indoors with all other SQ vehicles, I have been asked to remove my truck from the area if I am to continue with demos ... We absolutely beat the shit out of my truck ... Starts out with nice stage and image music, but continues to get violent from there ... well up into the 140 db range ...

Yea, Team Linear Power competes Sound Quality ... but thats not what we are all about ...

Trust me, my truck gets it's fill of dubstep (ha, to my friends ... thank you for the Transformer vids !!!) heavy metal, digital bass music, ... whatever, its all good ... I'm sure my drivers can take the punishment ...

... and just a sneak peek, my sub stage will (if everything goes according to plan) double before Scrapin the Coast and Sspring Break Nationals ...

Now I have a pair of ISO-Kits ... I will have two pair on double amplifier power than what I have now setup ...

Plans are to get my truck back into the 150 db club where it should be ... oh, and you are gonna flip out over the blowthru enclosure plans ...

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

Cableguy won't lead you wrong!

Also, just a friendly FYI, if you are using the bi-amp inputs on the passive crossover then you are still passive :)

Thanks for all the comments you guys :) Also MrskippyJ in the manual off the website i seen for the T5's it says when doing bi-amp to remove the fuses from the crossover. Even with the fuses removed it'll still be passive? Isn't the whole point of bi-amping is to go active? Kinda confused there lol.

Going active means the crossover uses a separate power source (in car audio it's 12v from the battery) over passive which uses power from the already amplified signal. The bi-amp feature gives you more control by separating the inputs for the mid and tweeter but still passively filters frequencies.

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

I could not agre with you more ... except for this ...

but do think Cabl is trying to steer more towards SQ. Just my opinion.

At just about every event where my truck was indoors with all the other SQ vehicles ... I keep my promise that anyone wants a demo, gets a demo ... No questions asked ... and just about every event where my truck was indoors with all other SQ vehicles, I have been asked to remove my truck from the area if I am to continue with demos ... We absolutely beat the shit out of my truck ... Starts out with nice stage and image music, but continues to get violent from there ... well up into the 140 db range ...

Yea, Team Linear Power competes Sound Quality ... but thats not what we are all about ...

Trust me, my truck gets it's fill of dubstep (ha, to my friends ... thank you for the Transformer vids !!!) heavy metal, digital bass music, ... whatever, its all good ... I'm sure my drivers can take the punishment ...

... and just a sneak peek, my sub stage will (if everything goes according to plan) double before Scrapin the Coast and Sspring Break Nationals ...

Now I have a pair of ISO-Kits ... I will have two pair on double amplifier power than what I have now setup ...

Plans are to get my truck back into the 150 db club where it should be ... oh, and you are gonna flip out over the blowthru enclosure plans ...

Well, thank you for handing me my own ass. Lmfao!!!

I only mentioned that you were setting OP up for more of a SQ thing because of the whole amp topic thing. Going with A/B and why to go with that. If he's doing a SPL/SQ mix type thing, wouldn't think that he'd need that type of amp... for subs. I have DD W6.5's and T2 tweeters, loud and clean and clear. (Need a processor but as you know, expensive). Now is that SQ? Without a doubt, no. There's way better SQ type stuff out there. But, comparing it to what I had, it is. And as I mentioned, everyone else who's heard it, definitely thinks it's near SQ and couldn't be cleaner and all. (I disagree but I let them think that haha). They love the bass, they love the mids and highs (except they think lil over powering but that's what I personally wanted). Last time I got metered (before the DD's), was at 138. So not quiet, but again, no monster beast either. Just how I want... and that's with a DC 175.4 amp and rf 1500bdcp amp.

Sheena = pedobear

My apologies Sir ... If you think I was talking down on ANY products ... Please let me assure you, I'm not in ANY way ...

I really like everything mentioned in the first post ... I was just comparing apples to oranges with the price lisings and the type of Sound I was assuming the op wanted out of his vehicle ... and nothing more ...

Like I said ...

Then again ... all of this is just my suggestion sir

If I stepped on ANY toes, It was not my intention ... again, My apologies ...

This is one of the reasons why I NEVER recommend products unless they are products from my sponsors ...

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

Going active means the crossover uses a separate power source (in car audio it's 12v from the battery) over passive which uses power from the already amplified signal. The bi-amp feature gives you more control by separating the inputs for the mid and tweeter but still passively filters frequencies.

Ah yes! I just looked again at the manual and the T5's come with a RF link connetion almost like connecting a bass control knob. It says too connect to ground and 12V source. So with that connected to 12V and fuses removed it should be active?

Also again thanks for all the comments you guys and suggestions. Glad i signed up for this forums. Can't wait to start to start getting all my parts and etc cause i want to do a build log kinda aha. Getting my truck cleaned and filled up with sound deadner will be a blast, and getting all the cables and etc ran properly. I think it'll be a good build log.

I'm going to be honest, I don't know anything about the T5s so I can't answer that for you sorry.

This is the manual. Hopefully it shows up the right page. If not just click the manual, it's PDF file. http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/support/rftech.aspx?kbsrc=http://rftech.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/rftech.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=1036&p_li=&p_topview=1#knowledge

Archived