500$ range mids and highs

nocturnalrites101

i would suggest going into a local audio shop or 2 and listening to what they have there.

But I would go to a few sq and normal shows and see what you like

Edit: spelling

750??! Yeah, fuck that. Fuck this website, fuck SMD, fuck Steve, fuck all of his butt buddy mods, and their couches.

^ DON'T BE A DICK LIKE THIS GUY :)

Team Subsonic Lows

i worked at a local audio shop for years , whom sold primarily focal which were very Mid heavy and very tweeter bright. They completely lacked midrange even in the Krx Models. I did not however get to hear the utopia bes . They use to carry Mb quart back when i first started there, back when the q' series was the sheet... i thought they sounded way better. There is 2 other shops in the area. One is a horrible place to deal with and is going out business the other sells mainly again focal and jl. Next shops are over an hour and half away. So thats why i posted on here to get ideas.

It sounds like you know focal pretty well.

Have you considered that if you eq'd the response by bringing down the peaks of the upper and lower end then the mid-range might shine?

Your ears become more sensitive in the mid-bass range, and less in the upper registry. There may be some form of auto eq that you might have not been able to get your hands on to mess with. If you have been able to work with these in depth then you might know more about them then me.

Remember don't raise the section that is lacking lower the others till it sounds right.

b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png

Krakin's Home Dipole Project

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370

Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist?

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself

but what has drawn your attention

in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums

An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space

Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears,

thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.

yeah i tryed all types of things, the owner vehicle had the krx3 in the front and krx 2s in the back and that big ole jbl sound processor i forget the name. Ran off mosconi amps and it really didnt sound right to me even after a week of playing with it. Honestly i just think focal has a certain sound to them that some people love some people do not. Im in the do not.

Im starting to look at Morel stuff myself. possibly i hear alot of good stuff about them

Morel is a very great quality product.

Hertz, SEAS, Rainbow, Accuton, Dayton Audio, Tang Band, there are some more just can't think of them off the top of my head.

b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png

Krakin's Home Dipole Project

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370

Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist?

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself

but what has drawn your attention

in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums

An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space

Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears,

thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.

Archived