Sonic Electronix

does an amp on the stock speakers really make that much of a difference ?

I can buy a American bass sq500 from a friend and I was thinkin of hooking it up to my doors would it really make a huge difference ?

the amp is ratted at 500w max but it made my friends 2 10s hit hard and could it blow my doors? its rms is like not that high it lilke 80w at 2channels and it seemed like itd b more for how his 10s played but I would it be safe to put it on my doors and 6x9s in the back ?

Well thats hard to answer not knowing the rms rating of your door speakers. If their stock i doubt their rms would be very high.

truthsayer

I have never heard a big difference in amplifed or non-amplifed. Stock door speakers. My buddy put an amp on his and there's not a big difference. If you had a good comp set it be different.

You could possibly blow the speakers on an amp. Id stick to using an aftermarket Headunit. Mine are plenty loud with one :)

My audio system

HU - Kenwood KDC bt755HD

Subs - Sundown SA 10 -2

Amplifier - CT Sounds 900.1

Car - 2013 scion TC

"It matter's not what other's think about you as long as you are happy with who you are"

"Great people didn't not sit around and wait for great thing's to come their way, they laced up their shoes, went out kicked some ass and made them happen"

"Until you've taken a long walk in my size 11 you have no right to judge me"

Musical interests: We came as romans, A Day To Remember, Three Days Grace, Disturbed, Story Of The Year, Atreyu, Breaking Benjamin, rise against, bullet for my valentine, red, skillet, Volbeat, alterbridge, creed, T.I., B.o.B, Eminem, T-pain,

Stock speakers can play louder when paired with a crossover. The additional wattage doesn't play as much of a factor as the signal processing. (crossover setting) Basically you just take the bass out of the equation so you don't surpass the mechanical limitations of your speaker.

If you have an aftermarket head unit, just set a high pass crossover to your door speakers.

If you have a stock head unit, wire up the amp and set a high pass crossover. Just set the gain accordingly.

I wouldn't bother wiring stock speakers to a separate amp. more than likely you would probably over power them. I would get a decent pair of components and replace the stock speakers with them.

2007 Ford Focus SES Hatchback

Pioneer HU

4 Digital Designs 9515i's in a B pillar.

2 Soundstream XXX 15K's (running at 16 volts)

Soundstream Mids/Highs in custom door panels (getting rebuilt soon)

Soundstream TA2.160 and TA2.400

Sky High and KNU wiring

3 Banks of Maxwell caps 

Winston Lithium (not a fan)

Bump4Life 250 Amp Alt. aka USAlternators

Soundstream Focus and Avenger Build Log

Instagram @p4linnovation

YouTube: Team Blowin Loud 

Depends on the type of vehicle and type of stock speakers. You can absolutely amplify your stock speakers and make them louder if they are in "good" condition. like stated above as long as you cross them over correctly. however if your car is 20 years old you might want to consider upgrading them. Also stock speakers very alot in impedance some are 2 ohm some are 4 ohm some are 8 ohm, also their are a few dual 2 ohm stock speakers.

Archived