going in the right direction?

MACnonsence6

so im on a budget but still want sq wondering if you guys think im going the right way my oringinal plan was to do 2 componet sets in each door but after price and other limiting factors im thinking of doing just one but making my own crossovers prolly using xover pro or something along the lines but the drivers ive been looking at are these

tweeters

http://www.parts-express.com/pe/pshowdetl.cfm?&Partnumber=264-1122&scqty=4

woofers

http://www.parts-express.com/pe/pshowdetl.cfm?&Partnumber=295-372&scqty=4

im not sure what ill use for amps yet i was looking into audiotechnix for my substage not sure for my mids and highs yet,

my sub stage will more then likely be a jlw713

I picked up an MTX Sw1212 powered subwoofer today. This thing sounds amazing. 130 watts, 12" woofer with a passive 12" woofer tuned to 27 hz. Moving the pictures on the walls and my girl got wet from the bass when i showed her haha. Tonight should be good haha.

for sound quality you need equipment that complements each other. the most important thing in sq is your power and head unit. a good head unit makes a bigger difference than new speakers. and i dont know about those tweeters ive never used those before. but if u want good sound get a set that has tweeters, components, and a crossover. that way the sound can be filtered better. for a good head unit look into one with a high band eq like the pioneers, kenwood, or alpine

i have a kenwood ddx419

beiing that this is a budget build i rather not go with pre built components i already have a set of rockford fosgate power series 5-1/4 components and 6x9s

I picked up an MTX Sw1212 powered subwoofer today. This thing sounds amazing. 130 watts, 12" woofer with a passive 12" woofer tuned to 27 hz. Moving the pictures on the walls and my girl got wet from the bass when i showed her haha. Tonight should be good haha.

i have a kenwood ddx419

beiing that this is a budget build i rather not go with pre built components i already have a set of rockford fosgate power series 5-1/4 components and 6x9s

you should try out the crescendo audio components they are 35 a piece and they are loud and clear. but the most important thing is the amp you will power them with. buy a decent amp so it can keep up with the system. there are plenty of good amps under 150 for components.

So why not use the RF products you have? And a JLW713 isn't really a budget build IMO. Get a good mids & highs amp, run your RF PRODUCTS and get a good sub amp and with a decent sub for now. Upgrade the easier components later. Just my two cents. Good luck.

So why not use the RF products you have? And a JLW713 isn't really a budget build IMO. Get a good mids & highs amp, run your RF PRODUCTS and get a good sub amp and with a decent sub for now. Upgrade the easier components later. Just my two cents. Good luck.

i already have the w7 and perhaps your right all of my speakers / subs are rather high end i just need to get amps that they deserve

i already have the w7 and perhaps your right all of my speakers / subs are rather high end i just need to get amps that they deserve

for the price of the w7 u could have bought a whole system lol

No matter the components placement will help you out the most in very low cost components.

b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png

Krakin's Home Dipole Project

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370

Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist?

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself

but what has drawn your attention

in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums

An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space

Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears,

thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.

Archived