fake ultimate gaming rig.

Lol ok. What's wrong with what I posted tho? I was just bored. Feel free to rip it apart. That rig sounds pretty nice tho.

My SPL to SQ Build Log

Vehicle:
1997 Dodge Dakota Ext Cab 4x4 2009 Dodge Journey SXT
5.2L V8 Magnum 3.5L V6
Stock Alt

Equipment:

Headunit- Alpine CDE-147BT

Mids/Highs Amp- JL Audio G6600 Class AB 6 Channel

Sub Amp- Hifonics BRZ1700.1D @ 2 Ohms Taramps DSP3000.1D

Sub- Hertz Hi Energy 12" HX300D SounDrive SDA3 12

Tweeters- Rockford Fosgate Power Series Silk Domes Hertz Hi-Energy

Mids- Dayton Audio Reference 4" Full Range Drivers 

Midbass- Silver Flute 6.5" Hertz Hi-Energy 6.5"

Processor- MiniDSP 2x4

RCA- 6 channels of SounDrive HF series

Wire- EB Flex 2/0

-Member of Team SounDrive

Meh

Seems like your just going for the most expensive stuff. Some of it not bad.

Id ditch the mechanical drives, looks like you where thinking of doing a raid setup, but thats just too much backing up and not always too user friendly.

I think I would go with 2 Samsung 840Evo 1tb drives, gives you more storage and still fast, and only $200ish more than those mechanicals.

Id also probably run Asus cards instead of msi

Either way, if it was a free pc giving to me, id rock it and wouldnt change a thing, tho if it was my money id change a couple. lol

Sadly tho and endless budget to build a PC would require more then newegg for parts.

Ya I know. And I was going to do 8 ssd in raid 0+1 is it? Speed with backup? But limit of 3 -___- I'd go full custom liquid cooling this is just newegg tho. And a lot of ppl say asus over msi. Why is that?

My SPL to SQ Build Log

Vehicle:
1997 Dodge Dakota Ext Cab 4x4 2009 Dodge Journey SXT
5.2L V8 Magnum 3.5L V6
Stock Alt

Equipment:

Headunit- Alpine CDE-147BT

Mids/Highs Amp- JL Audio G6600 Class AB 6 Channel

Sub Amp- Hifonics BRZ1700.1D @ 2 Ohms Taramps DSP3000.1D

Sub- Hertz Hi Energy 12" HX300D SounDrive SDA3 12

Tweeters- Rockford Fosgate Power Series Silk Domes Hertz Hi-Energy

Mids- Dayton Audio Reference 4" Full Range Drivers 

Midbass- Silver Flute 6.5" Hertz Hi-Energy 6.5"

Processor- MiniDSP 2x4

RCA- 6 channels of SounDrive HF series

Wire- EB Flex 2/0

-Member of Team SounDrive

What don't you like? And ok. One was a different socket. I think 1166 was one I didn't see. Idr tho. But I was just seeing what I could throe together on newegg for fun.

Too much junk for a gaming rig

-Asus MB is good, but any Z77/Z87 would do perfect, having two cpu's doesn't mean a better computer, unless you are running your own server but even then.

-I like Bitfenix, Corsair and NZXT cases more, personal likeness

-Going with Samsung 1TB would be a lot better than mechanical, get 6 if you have to, 2 external backups, 4 internal

-Sound cards .. I have never seen that much point in them unless I had a sound system but even then I would never pay that much, even if I came into a huge amount of money to spend just on a PC

-Corsair PSU, since you have that many cards .. great choice

-Cooling: Corsair H100i, NZXT Kraken X60, Swiftech H220, with a MB/CPU that would fit of course

-That much ram would be pointless, unless you plan on getting into ramdisk, also with that motherboard, the ram slots are all out of wack so getting ram with fans wouldn't help

-Why 4x3gb gpu instead of 2x4gb

It's just how I feel and some computer knowledge.

A lot of it seems overkill or like the other guy mentioned, you just picked high priced crap without doing or knowing much about computers, even though it's fake of course.

You would have to buy a few monitors to make that many cards even worth the money you paid for them.

The other guys PC was okay until I seen 32gb of ram and a 1500w psu for 2 cards, overkill but then again I don't know him or what he does with that ram or if he plans on adding a few more cards to make up for that loss of watts just sitting there taking up energy.

*Please do not take any of what I say as a personal attack, these are all just based on my experience, building and own likes on what I see as a ultimate all in one PC

Image1.png

Image2.png

add another 1100$ for full custom water cooling loop, sleeving, lights & other mods.

add another 1500$ for 2- AMD Radeon R9 290X, that's just estimated though, no real price is released yet.

I don't know about the Asus over MSI, but I have MSI and it's awesome! They are both top of the line to me.

Vehicle Build | Searching for a MK4 Jetta or Chevy Xtreme S-10Computer Build Log - Blue Moon | NZXT Phantom 410 | Unfinished/Sold

Computer Build Log - Blue Tsunami | Bitfenix Prodigy Cobalt Blue | Liquid Cooled!

Lots of weird choices in these machines you guys posted.

1: You can't run 2 Core i7's in a dual-socket board. The chipset won't allow it. The second CPU would just be disabled and you'd have a $1000 CPU sitting there doing nothing. You have to go Xeon if you want to run multiple physical CPU's.

2: You can use any socket 2011 cooler to cool a socket 2011 Xeon. That includes your Corsair H110 as it is compatible with Socket 2011. http://www.corsair.com/us/hydro-series-h110-280mm-extreme-performance-liquid-cpu-cooler.html

3: Go all-out custom water loop for CPU and GPU's. No need for a closed-loop Corsair cooler.

4: If we're going dream build status I see no reason to not buy GTX Titans. They're stupid overpriced but nothing can touch 3 or 4 Titans in SLI and we have all the theoretical money we want.

5: I've got to agree with everyone else and say that SSD's will crush mechanical drives. No point in wasting the cash on mechanicals if it's a theoretical dream build.

Also what's up with the stupid overkill GPU's and a single or dual 1080p screen setup? That's like buying a Lamborghini and driving it around the suburbs in a school zone at 20 MPH. All that horsepower is going to waste. Go buy a ASUS 4K screen (or three) and actually put the hardware to use. Anyone can play on a single 1080p screen at max settings with a $200 graphics card and you guys are talking about dropping $1500 in GPU's alone to do the same thing.

wtf is lolcats?

I'd def get a fat hooker if i had to resort to that kinda thing. I feel like they'd be grateful and work harder. Also its more bang for my buck, more real estate for my dollar if you catch my drift. its like the Costco of streetwalkers.

I was hoping for 150 :(.

I was hoping she would let me put it in her butt

Make sure you stick that on a nice ratty internet connection too

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

I forgot that 4k was real now lolz, yeah I would ditch the 1080p and get 4k.

Vehicle Build | Searching for a MK4 Jetta or Chevy Xtreme S-10Computer Build Log - Blue Moon | NZXT Phantom 410 | Unfinished/Sold

Computer Build Log - Blue Tsunami | Bitfenix Prodigy Cobalt Blue | Liquid Cooled!

Archived