Second Skin Audio

HDC4 18!!!

DCdakota

i just got this thing and its a monster but i need specs and suggestions for the box size, i know its rated 2000 rms and ill need an amp that will do that at 1/2 ohm safely any suggestions?

My suggestion-don't try running at 1/2 ohm unless you know what you're doing. Or unless you're ordering an amp that is made to be run at .5 like the Crescendo BCs I believe they offer a .5ohm stable model. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but if I'm right they a BC2000 seems like it'd be perfect for you

ninja.gif Build in progress ninja.gif

So I'm assuming you bought a D1 sub. The amp mentioned above will play at .5 ohm. Safely running half ohm has to do with your electrical system's health however, not necessarily the amp. The amp does play a favor and having one that can run safely at the impedance you want to run IS important.

As far as box and port goes follow manufacturer specs and be generous on port area. I've heard a single HDC4 15 and it was mean. He's pretty ninja about his box specs but he runs .25 on burps with over 4000W and it puts up good numbers.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Chris thats why this forum gets so much hate, people like you being asses with smart ass coments.

Thank you sierra, i know its mostly electrical and being smart about it but im just wondering whats out there. My electrical should be pretty good within 2 or 3 weeks, cars getting stripped tomorrow 50ft spool of 0 gauge and 40^2ft of murder matt gets ordered next week and ive already got 2 batteries in the back, maybe a 3rd soon. I bought the sub for 300 its practicaly brand new but it was a deal from a friend so i jumped on it i looked on soundqubed but didnt see specs thats why i asked

How was iChrisTucker being an asshole? lol he probably doesnt know your experience with car audio. For all we know you could be a 15 year and your parents coulda bought you that and now you wanna run at .5 like its nothing and end up with a blown amp and/or fucked electrical. Dont be so quick to assume the worst of people on here, there are some good, informative people on this site

2006 Ford Explorer

2 Team AA/Sundown 15s

6th order

Ct Sounds 7k

4 PRV Mr500 8s

Rockford p1000-2

Team Subsonic Lows

I agree that iChris didn't sound like a jerk at ALL. He did bring up a concern about your electrical system and he doesn't know you're experience. No harm was meant I'm sure, he's a good dude.

Is this 50 foot roll of wire OFC? If you're not upgrading the alternator, I'd definitely be sure to use OFC wiring to maintain the LEAST resistance possible. A couple runs will be necessary if you are running CCA.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

there are some guys that get cocky and assume everyone under 2000 posts is a complete noob but there is definitely a good number of good guys on here too.

2006 Ford Explorer

2 Team AA/Sundown 15s

6th order

Ct Sounds 7k

4 PRV Mr500 8s

Rockford p1000-2

Team Subsonic Lows

If you are wanting to run this at full potential, you need a 5k size amp

On that power 6-7 cubes net and 16-18 sq of port per cube, the box and port area are really depending on the music you play and power you select.

On 2k of power you could be the biggest idiot in the world and not hurt that woofer.

Tuning needs to be in the 35-39 hz range, select the one that suits your needs and goals best.

Let me know if you need any other pointers. I know everything anyone could care to know about these subs. Actually any of these in this 4 inch coil line.

TEAM SOUNDQUBED -- TEAM SOUTH

TEAM S.O.B. - Founder & Captain

3x Streetbeat World Record Holder

2017 MWSPL 1st place Mayhem & 4th Xtreme 4 
2016 MWSPL 1st place Mayhem/2nd Adv 4/2nd Xtreme 4
2015 MWSPL 2nd place Mayhem & 4th Xtreme 4
2014 USACI 2nd place Streetbeat 5 - 162.6 db
2014 MWSPL 2nd place Xtreme 4 - 144.9 db
2013 USACI 1st place Streetbeat 4 - 161.9 db
2013 USACI 1st place Street Q+ - 162.8 db
2013 MWSPL 3rd Kaos2 & 4th Xtreme 4
2011 USACI 2nd place MOD 1001-2k - 160.0 db