WORTH IT?

gattiboy13

MB Quartz used to be good in the old school days when they were built in germany. They are not as good these days. For price though may be good deal. Maybe someone else is using them and can give you advice. I run RE Audio xxx Components and they are clean and loud more of a sq speaker not spl.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/garage/vehicle/2438-jeep-commander/

th_140x100square.jpgMechman_140x100px.JPGDCHome.jpgI

image_url-76414-1423274612_thumb.jpgimage_url-76414-1423320284_thumb.jpg

Pioneer P99RS
Ampere 3800
2-Ampere 125/4
4-6.5 inch Hertz HSK XL Mids
4-8 inch JL Audio ZR Midwoofer

2-5.25 Satori Mids
2-Morel Tweeters, 2 Hertz Milles 3 inch on A pillars
2-Hertz Silk tweeters
DC Audio Level 5/12
Skyhigh Wire
Mechman 320
XS Power D3100

MO Funniest Thread of the Year 2013: http://www.stevemead...dy-being-a-pos/

MB Quartz used to be good in the old school days when they were built in germany. They are not as good these days. For price though may be good deal. Maybe someone else is using them and can give you advice. I run RE Audio xxx Components and they are clean and loud more of a sq speaker not spl.

Iwas lookn at those too. How is midbass? Tweets harsh or smooth?

How's your install currently?

I don't really like the type s speakers and not even hearing the mbs I would guess they would be an upgrade. However, if you haven't takenthe time to properly deaden and install etc that might be a better use of funds.

What are you hoping to gain by changing speakers?

Team NorthWestSPL

How's your install currently?

I don't really like the type s speakers and not even hearing the mbs I would guess they would be an upgrade. However, if you haven't takenthe time to properly deaden and install etc that might be a better use of funds.

What are you hoping to gain by changing speakers?

The type s are very harsh on the highs and mids cant handle any midbass. I have them at 125hz and they still get sloppy when cranked.

I'd say get them for that price,can't be that bad compared to what they use to be. Honestly I had some sets of the MBQ's back in the late 90's and I was disappointed in them. As far as the RE speakers go they're no different than the MBQ's are in quality nowadays,neither one are what they use to be. I believe purplesyrup bought some MBQ's to try and he was really impressed especially considering they were powered by his head unit only,they sounded real good in his youtube video he posted.. I'd try them for the price,doubt you'll be disappointed with them so get em.

Archived