80 PRS

The improvement will be based on several factors. If you are playing 128k mps'3 then forget about it. If you are using the CD player or really high quality mp3's then AND you get all the time alignment and eq setting, crossover points and slopes and levels right. And you have good speaker placement with decent imaging and staging already then you will be happy with what it can do.

That being said. Make a choice right now, do you want to be loud or sound good? because the auto eq and time alignment is most likely going to cut so many freq and levels to make it sound right you will lose a lot of output.

So, if you just want a clean deck you might try one of the lower line headunits from them

Good luck with whatever you decide.

There's no such thing as a good quality mp3. Just saying.

Separating it by bitrate is exactly like arguing which Boss Audio amps are better.

If you are investing in a 80prs then get good source music, like original CDs, FLAC files, or Apple Lossless. If you do spotify then use extreme quality.

Thank me later.

I wont derail this thread with an aregument, but the prs doesnt play lossless as far as i know. so there is that. I could be wrong though.

You're right, it doesn't. I think you can do Apple Lossless if you have an iPod.

I play it off my Sansa or Galaxy nexus through the aux in. Still better.

Edit. Also doable ( i have done this with the 9400BH) transcode all your lossless to wav, dump in a 1TB drive, connect to rear USB. profit.

2007 Pacifica
Rebuild. Less quiet. Still not loud.

But then you are playing through the iPod's DAC.

b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png

Krakin's Home Dipole Project

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370

Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist?

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself

but what has drawn your attention

in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums

An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space

Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears,

thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.

Yep. Is there not any kind of firmware update to get it to play lossless?

b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png

Krakin's Home Dipole Project

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370

Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist?

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself

but what has drawn your attention

in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums

An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space

Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears,

thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.

Just convert your lossless to wav. Yes it's bigger but the output is bit identical. And besides, you can get a 1TB drive for less than $80 if you shop around. That should hold all your music in WAV.

2007 Pacifica
Rebuild. Less quiet. Still not loud.

There were 2. N8 locked both of them.

Here is one:

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/176972-confused/?fromsearch=1

Here is the other:

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/176972-confused/?fromsearch=1

If you have time to setup the 80PRS, Pull the trigger and buy it. It won't disappoint on performance. Honestly, whenever you start looking at the high end feels, it's really going to come down to your preference for brands. I've always liked Kenwood and their eXcelon stuff is wonderful.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Archived