Just a 16 year olds build * a little older and a lot bigger system. Jeep Cherokee 4th order with 4 18s rebuild starts page 4

I got everything all wired tonight and subs mounted I was waiting on my DIYma 8ga speaker wire and wow their loud ill try and post some videos tomorrow and some pics. All the other stuff I have to do is cosmetic so I'm pretty happy. Theirs no box flex but their wired to 1.4 so once I get some more batts and a bigger alt I'll go to .7 and see what it does their but their slamming now so I'm happy :)

I've been pretty busy lately and haven't had much time to work on it I had to put new brakes on it change the oil and I'm about to get new tires, but I worked on it a little today and got most of the amp trim panel done

IMAG0690_zps69b2f94a.jpg

Diyma 8gauge

IMAG0677_zps4165c5ad.jpg

The only wood I have left and the dirty shop that I'll get to clean

IMAG0678_zps4ae667ad.jpg

top piece fitting tight seats are slid all the way up I drive with them all the way back.

IMAG0680_zps7ce5948d.jpg

side view still in need of another battery.

IMAG0683_zpsf7038d07.jpg

side trim pieces... pain to cut out even with a table jigsaw thingy I don't know haha.

IMAG0689_zps161c4c36.jpg

gap I left between box and the top plate.

IMAG0682_zpsd6eedfb2.jpg

The top plate sits about 1/4in above the top of the amp. and this is before I did more cutting to this side piece

IMAG0695_zpscc349b26.jpg

Pretty much done I still have to mount the top plate with a piano hinge then Velcro the other side down so it doesn't rattle but the top piece needs to slide 1/2 in towards the front of the car in this picture. I still need to cut a hole in the top of it so you can see the amp then Ill flush mount plexi glass on the top plate so you can see everything.

IMAG0693_zpse3e18008.jpg

the amp sitting all cozy in its new home.

• 4 weeks later...

Nice work all the way around bro! Wish I was this into audio when I was 16 for sure! Keep up the hard work!

Funny how the people who have a louder system than you will usually give you a compliment about your setup because they know how much blood, sweat, time, and money you put into it. The people who criticize or try and one up you....have a p.o.s to no system at all and will tell you all about this "other" guys system! Saddley I'm sure if I meet this "other" guy...he will probably tell me he thinks your just as annoying as I think you are!

I'm not compensating, just proud of fabricating!

My build log: 10k center console with 4 DC Audio XL 10's powered by 2 DC Audio 5.0k amps 5 xs batteries and dual DC Power 300xps alts

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/169404-goodvibez-04-dmax-10k-center-console-w4-xl-10s-custom-5ksit-plays/page-19

looks great, but why have the amp upside down and then cover it?

29408240963_9908a51930_o.png
Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's]

BL :  http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/

hey man im in omaha im sure you have seen me at some car shows out there. silver monte carlo with dc 5k in the trunk

Great setup, good job, cant wait to see it in action.

Hu: Alpine CDE-141

Eq: Clarion EQS-746

Mids/Highs: Alpine SPR-50c 5.25" components

Mids rear: Alpine SPR-69 6x9

Mids amp: Alpine MRX-F65

Power/Ground: Massive Audio 4 AWG

Signal Cable: Massive Audio 14 Gauge

RCA's: Monster cable

Subs: 2 Rockford Fosgate HX2 12's

Sub amp: Crescendo BC2000D

Custom box - Herculiner with Silver port

Big 3 and power/ground - Sky High Car Audio 1/0 OFC