Second Skin Audio

Opinion on Re audio XXX's for spl

RobertR

Most guys, as N8 will probably tell you, still tend to lean on the '05 and older versions of the XXX, as they were built with much better quality. They ARE am SQ oriented sub like others are saying as well. monster Xmax for great low end excursion. You don't want to overpower them though because they aren't built to take the abuse like an SPL sub are. I assume the soft parts will be the first to give up, the coil IS 4" and could likely take the abuse, but a suspension that is relatively softer will not.

Thanks for your opinion. They actually have a 3" 8 layer alum. flat wound coil though.

BMW 325i Kenwood KVT-647DVD

re xxx components

re 6.5 FR's

2 RE XXX 12's

2 US amps MD3D's

2 batcap 4k's

Actually.it does make a difference how much. If its 200 bucks a woofer then yes. Id buy them. If its 400 then no.price is very much relstive here

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

My whole deal is I dont want to loose db's no matter the price. I will run BOSS subs if it get me more deebz. Im trying to not make this a vs. thead. Just hit a 147 flat with a pair of sundown sa-12's. Pulled those and threw in a set of Fosgate power hx2's with psi soft parts to see if they will be louder after they are broke in and stuck in a different box. If the gain with those is minimal then I will be on to a different set of subs. I have no loyalty to any brand as of yet. If the re xxx's will be louder then what I currently have then I will run those.

I dont think Im a "baller" or what ever it is the kids call it these days. I dont have a lot of money to throw around. But I dont rush into things,I take good care of my gear so I get decent prices when I sell it and Im pretty good at saving money to buy what I want. Plus my wife makes decent money.

re xxx components

re 6.5 FR's

2 RE XXX 12's

2 US amps MD3D's

2 batcap 4k's

mmy brother has the cutlass on the re website it has 2 xxx 15s with the mount everest mt10k amp no voltage drop or nothing and those subs laugh at that amp does no where near rated granted he done wons shows with the set up but he is now searching for a real amp

Yeah I caught a demo in Chris' cutlass at H and H audio earlier this year. It moved ALOT of air. IIRC he blew the middle out of his box that day. The XXX 12's im buying are coming from the guy that drives the RE Sprinter van.

re xxx components

re 6.5 FR's

2 RE XXX 12's

2 US amps MD3D's

2 batcap 4k's

Actually.it does make a difference how much. If its 200 bucks a woofer then yes. Id buy them. If its 400 then no.price is very much relstive here

This is where I'm getting at with it, I do not understand what is so difficult to grasp here. An XXX will NOT sound the same but let's just assume they all will regardless of the price, model, and year...if you're getting these subs for $400 a piece then I automatically compare it to other subs that could be had for $400 which are geared toward SPL which will WALK all over the Chinese XXX. That's my point, if the price puts these in a comparable table then they are not what I would choose.

It's been said, if you really like them then go ahead and get them. If you're happy with your own equipment then that's what matters. But if you're wanting SPL and money isn't an issue where you NEED this deal, then you could actually do so much louder :)

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

Oh you're buying from quad lmao

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

Yes Leonard or something bald headed black guy. Google quadbox or quad box

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

Archived