Second Skin Audio

Opinion on Re audio XXX's for spl

RobertR

love those 05 motors. These will sound great if in the right enclosure..

2004 Grand Prix GT

(2) 12" RE XXXs (04/05 XBL^2)

5 cu. ft tuned @ 35 Hz

MMATS HD4000.05

MMATS SQ4100

Infinity Kappa components

Juice Box black cherry

Duralast platinum group 34

1/0 KNU OFC, 2/0 welding

Singer 250A

Just a little FYI, if you're chasing numbers and THIS sub is something you're seriously interested in, I've got a couple of concerns. You mentioned that you will likely only be giving these things 1.7 cubes of airspace per sub. That is on the MINIMUM side of suggested volume for this sub and I would highly suggest going on the bigger of the suggested side which is 2+ per sub. That amp doesn't do 10K, I think you know that though so that isn't front page news. Also the sub has an Xmax of 54MM, so you're going to need to throw a TON of port at these things. If you do not have the room for the airspace, plus the EXTRA airspace that the port is going to displace, I suggest passing the offer up.

The reason I'm suggesting this is because this is what will happen:

You're going to have multiple factors if you don't give enough airspace or port or Power and you're going to think the subs are underwhelming. The subs have the tendency to be very musical and SQ oriented in the right enclosure. If you aren't willing to build that enclosure, the goal is lost. So if you're not willing to give these things the port and airspace they need to operate efficiently, pass them up. And like others said, maybe compare other subs in the same price range that might be more suited for SPL.

Enclosure design and testing, testing, testing is going to be the most important thing when chasing numbers anyway. Everyone that does go for numbers will tell you that, and it is true. It's not as simple as unscrewing subs out of the box and screwing new ones in over and over and expecting dramatically different results.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

• 1 month later...

So I just got one of these and was wondering if any body had any input on an enclosure . I will be putting it into an 05 Nissan Altima running about 2500 watts. I am leaning toward a fourth order ported through the rear deck or a fourth order firing forward (sealed off of course). Any opinions?

Depends on what model it is.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Archived