Sundown Audio

wiring 2 subs to a 4 channel amp

GueroZ28

wire each sub to 1 channel and wire ithem at 2 ohms.

No

yes

You telling the OP to use 1 channel out of 4 or to use only 2 of the 4 is not the best option. If the amp can be bridged down to 2 channels that is the best option to give them more power. Most 4 channel amps can be bridged down to 2 channels and are stable on each bridged channel down to 4 ohm. It will generate more heat so just be careful not to overload it thermally.

2010 Mazda 3s 2.5L

Pioneer DEH-X9600BHS

Knu OFC 1/0 

SS Platinum AGM / XS Power XP750

Alpine PDX F-4 / Morel Maximo 5 + Coax 5

IA 10.1 / SSA XCON 12 

• 2 weeks later...

Same asshole that says CT sounds 125.4 is a POS,Mechman CS is shitty and calls SMD members dicks for giving him advice that you didn't seem to use. Maybe you shouldn't be giving advice out when you have no idea what you're doing yourself. The only people that bash SMD for being dicks is cocky mfers like you that get advice don't use it and call them immature dicks? I'm an asshole and don't care thus the reason I'm replying like this,ask me if any fucks were given today.. And if that was the picture of your crescendo comps mounted in your rear dash like that then STFU before you come back with some stupid comment to me.. Please don't give anymore advice,just read and learn "young danielson".. BTW this site has given me "THE MOST USEFUL INFO THAN ANY OTHER".... Sorry OP but I needed to air that out.. As was said already most 4 ch amps can be bridged at 4 ohm loads some might even do 2 ohms but don't take my word for that. Research your amp then wire subs accordingly,if you need help with that then just ask and "good advice will be given"..

Ya.. Your kinda a F-ing idiot and need to read and learn more before responding. I have read two of your posting this evening and each made me think...WTF! My 2 cents.

No

yes

lots of people giving advice before enough facts were posted.

What model is the amp?

You have 2 SVC subs w 4 ohm coils right? You have a couple of options.....

1. Bridge the front channels to one sub, the rears to the other. This works if your amp is only 2 ohm stable per channel and if the subs can handle the power. I am guessing yes.
  2. Bridge the front OR rear to both subs (positive to both positives, negative to both negatives). This presents a 2 ohm bridged load to the amp and each channel will "see" 1 ohm. If your amp is capable of running like this, this will draw the most power from it.

Check the specs of your amp and subs and stay safe.

FYI, going forward the more info you present the better answers you will get.

Welcome to the forum.

Ya.. Your kinda a F-ing idiot and need to read and learn more before responding. I have read two of your posting this evening and each made me think...WTF! My 2 cents.

No

yes

I would like this comment but used up my like quota in the CT 125.4 topic by page 5..

You are assuming he can wire each sub to 2 ohms.

The blind shouldn't lead the blind.

Archived