Sundown Audio

ct sounds 125.4

Blake Farrar

i recently just got a ct sounds 125.4 amp and im currently running 2 6.5 component set, a sa sundown component set and a cresendo cz component set there each wired on channel 1 and 2 to 2 ohms each. i was woundering what shoiuld ny gains be set at there gain knobs are a Philips head so its kinda hard to set it.

For most amps that I have set with the dd-1 its usually no more than 1/3 of the way up

That is horible misinformaion... There are so many other variables like input voltage output voltage and anything inline that modifies the signal

Btw that was the first person. Ever banned by me while dropping a deuce. Feel privileged

You will get all types of info. Most will say the safest way is to use a o-scope or a DD-1

But others have had success with out them and with them.

I even saw a video on youtube saying the dd-1 isn't accurate.

I set mine with a DMM but will invest in a DD-1 in the future. I wish there was some one close to me in PA.

2009 bmw 5 series

Head Unit Stock

Amplifier-JL Audio JX 360/4

Processor- Audiocontrol LC6

For most amps that I have set with the dd-1 its usually no more than 1/3 of the way up

He obviously has never set a gain before with either one and I'm saying what I think is accurate as more than half of the amps I have set are only about 1/3 of the way up so I'm just basically giving him a safe start so he doesnt send bad signls to his speakers until someone can give him a different method without an o-scope or dd-1 so how about trying to help him instead of trying to say I'm wrong

That is horible misinformaion... There are so many other variables like input voltage output voltage and anything inline that modifies the signal

You will get all types of info. Most will say the safest way is to use a o-scope or a DD-1

I set mine with a DMM but will invest in a DD-1 in the future. I wish there was some one close to me in PA that had one

2009 bmw 5 series

Head Unit Stock

Amplifier-JL Audio JX 360/4

Processor- Audiocontrol LC6

Its not that hard to Google or YouTube how to set gains even without a dd1 of course there is no way to be 100% about it without the proper tools but thats obvious

Btw that was the first person. Ever banned by me while dropping a deuce. Feel privileged

I set mine with a DMM but will invest in a DD-1 in the future. I wish there was some one close to me in PA.

This is true everyone will have a different method but the dd-1 is a safe starting point as how to set gains instead of going with the oh my gain is only at 75% up .

Archived