Sundown Audio

Kenwood KAC-9105D, thoughts?

DireRaptor22

The Kenwood amp is a POS. It gets got as fuck,has like a 67% efficiency rating and has a hard time doing rated power after it heats up. The hifonics (maxxsonics) will be a tad louder,but don't get caught dipping these amps below 12 volts. I can tell you from experience,the soundqubed amp will be louder,sound cleaner,less harmful on your electrical system,less dimming,less heat,a lot more reliable ect....

both amps are total trash. Kenwood made some nice stuff in the 80's. They still make nice headunits and HF radios. Whatever makes you happy, just enjoy it and have fun.

Well you guys are right about the Kenwood being a POS... rated at 900W RMS and dimmed my headlights like crazy. This new BRX1100.1D has been very nice to me so far. It plays louder, cleaner, and doesn't dim my lights nearly as much. So all in all I can say it's been a good upgrade.

What's wrong with polyfill in a ported box?

I am also well aware of the higher quality amps... you just gotta realize that sometimes it's not convenient for everyone to go a specific way or be able to shell out that much cash in one sitting. I will eventually get to those in the future. I would've put down $200 for a CT amp but since it's 0/1 gauge only it's not worth rewiring an entire car and drilling bigger holes just for it vs just adding another amp that does the job with my current 4 gauge wiring that will still be an upgrade, especially since I won't be owning this car for much longer. No need to talk down on somebody's product because it's not as good as yours or not as good as you "expected" them to get.

Bear with me as I'm still new to car audio and really interested in getting more and more into it. You don't start big right off the bat... I've been a PC tech for over 12 years and trust me, you learn more if you play with cheap AND expensive components. It's not like this Hifonics amp is a total POS, right? It rates excellent on both Amazon and Sonic. Everyone can't all be lying... right? Now, if I had gotten a Boss amp or something then it'd probably make lots of sense to bash me all you want... :P

“The fascination of flight can't be expressed with words. But it really lies beyond the capabilities of human endeavor. Once you've experienced it, you'll never be able to forget it.” - Friedrich Oblessor

Must add, do really appreciate the introduction to the two brands I've never heard before though... Sound Qubed and CT Sounds. Good stuff for sure... I'll have those on my list of "coming upgrades".

“The fascination of flight can't be expressed with words. But it really lies beyond the capabilities of human endeavor. Once you've experienced it, you'll never be able to forget it.” - Friedrich Oblessor

I'm glad its working better for you man, as long as you are happy with what you have. There will always be better and you shouldnt worry about what other's think. For bargain actual bargain stuff hifonics is not too bad. Then again some of the more well off people comsider crescendo bargain and hifonics can't compete with that lol.

And as far as reviews, I would not trust reviews so much, I've seen 5 stars on boss amps. Not everyone knows what's up in car audio. Most think Amy old box, sub and amp will make jizz in your pants music :)

My audio system

HU - Kenwood KDC bt755HD

Subs - Sundown SA 10 -2

Amplifier - CT Sounds 900.1

Car - 2013 scion TC

"It matter's not what other's think about you as long as you are happy with who you are"

"Great people didn't not sit around and wait for great thing's to come their way, they laced up their shoes, went out kicked some ass and made them happen"

"Until you've taken a long walk in my size 11 you have no right to judge me"

Musical interests: We came as romans, A Day To Remember, Three Days Grace, Disturbed, Story Of The Year, Atreyu, Breaking Benjamin, rise against, bullet for my valentine, red, skillet, Volbeat, alterbridge, creed, T.I., B.o.B, Eminem, T-pain,

Here is a suggestion: put an XS power battery in the back, near the amp. I had a HI fonics zeus2000.1 on stock electrical in a 2001 eclipse with a kinetic 600 in the back. The kinetic messed up, so I took it out. It was a huge difference. My lights started dimming and wasn't near as loud. An extra battery in the back of your can will help with issues, and it can be moved to a new vehicle when you get one. Go with XS power. Not kinetic. They tend to have more issues from what I've read and experienced. I hope this helps!

Archived