Nvidia GTX 780 Ti

Never saw this one coming.

http://www.anandtech.com/show/7433/nvidia-announces-geforce-gtx-780-ti

Nvidia announced a new GTX 780 Ti card this morning during their press conference. It's likely in response to AMD's soon-to-be-launched R9 290 and R9 290x that are expected to compete with Nvidia's high-end GTX 780 and GTX Titan. There isn't a lot of room hardware-wise to play around with specs between Nvidia's GTX 780 and the GTX Titan so I'm curious about the specs on this new card and how they'll squeeze it into the lineup. I'm hoping it's just a GTX 780 core with higher clocks and more RAM otherwise I'll be a little upset that I jumped on my pair of 780's so early.

Curious what Meade thinks of this because I know he just got a pair of ASUS GTX 780's to try to compete with mine :P

wtf is lolcats?

I'd def get a fat hooker if i had to resort to that kinda thing. I feel like they'd be grateful and work harder. Also its more bang for my buck, more real estate for my dollar if you catch my drift. its like the Costco of streetwalkers.

I was hoping for 150 :(.

I was hoping she would let me put it in her butt

They also are doing 770ti now too lol

I bet the 780ti is going to be insanely expensive as fuck, nvidia was never known to bring a top dog card out in the $650 range, and even the current 780s are finally getting down to that price range for a refrence cooler design.

The sad part is nvidia still has more technology that is rather old, but still never released due to amd never having a top teir contending card like the r9 290x.

iirc the Titan card was to be used as the 680 last year, and well yea, they are holding their cards back a big bit.

The only thing left is for nvidia to make a 790ti, then start the process over in the 800series of cards again

My best guess is that Nvidia will leave Titan at $1000, drop the 780 from $650 to ~$500, and price the 780 Ti at $650. Right now there is a big jump in price from the 770 at $400 to the 780 at $650 so they'll probably drop the price of the 780 to close that gap but put in the 780 Ti at $650 to keep a high-margin part in the gap between $500 and $1000 range. From a business perspective there's no reason to drop Titan down from $1000 as long as it keeps selling at that price and they need to cover the ~$500 price range with something potent (GTX 780) if they want to cover their asses when R9 290 and R9 290x are released.

wtf is lolcats?

I'd def get a fat hooker if i had to resort to that kinda thing. I feel like they'd be grateful and work harder. Also its more bang for my buck, more real estate for my dollar if you catch my drift. its like the Costco of streetwalkers.

I was hoping for 150 :(.

I was hoping she would let me put it in her butt

Could be, but that $650 price is followed by a question mark, so who knows if that is really a launch price or not.

Not going to lie the gtx 780 and titan are damn near head to head, granted the titan pulls on average 3-5 fps more on most games compared to the 780 that where tested on the same systems with synthetic and real world in game benchmarks.

So the question to me is, how are they going to release a card better then the 780, but worse then the titan performance wise, and well cost wise. A significant drop on either 3 of those cards is going to show Nvidia has been nickle and dimming their customers at any rate.

Im sure the 780TI will have 4gb of memory with a 6ghz clock and 384bit, its already announced it will be the same processor.

There just is not room for improvement between those 2 model cards from what I can tell, Now Im sure the Titan has more in it then how it was released, and maybe they will increase clock speeds some more (which any user can do).

The way Im seeing it is 100% pure marketing gimmick.

If they want to compete with the 290X then simply pricing the gtx780 at similar prices will do quite well, if they want to be very competitive drop the titan down to the $750 price range.

Ive been waiting on the 290X and have not purchased a card until I see what its capable of, but so far the released benchmarks from china are showing it ahead of the gtx 780 on most tests and switching back and forth between the titan and 290x for performance, definitely not a titan killer, maybe a gtx780 killer but not by much. But then again are these the reference 290Xs or the non reference cooler designs, that are said to have 6gb ram options, but again just rumor.

However it will make me hold off for a little while longer on a new card purchase.

what games you guys play that require these cards or do you use them for video editing?

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

Any current game, especially heavily modded Crysis. The new BattleField 4 coming out is very demanding. If gta5 for pc will be anything like gta4 it will be another system crusher, assassins creed, Elder Scroll, just to name a few big titles.

The thing with PC games is each new game gets more and more demanding then the last since the PC hardware is constantly getting faster and better, the games are coming to make those new pc parts stress.

In the end your games look like a damn movie or close to it. When you look at a console game, it could be a brand new game, but graphic quality wise your gta5 is going to look like gta4 or even gta3 since those games where all released for the same system and that system hardware never changed, so things need to be scaled back. Sure sometimes they find better ways to compress higher quality images or whatever but it dont do it justice.

Example GTA4 on PC

8517611270_a31bc801b8_o.jpg

and gta5 on console

official-screenshot-franklin-jacking-sab

Just the road is a huge difference, or the buildings in the back that you can barley make out the windows.

And this is from actual gameplay of bf4 while beta was open for all to play, so the game is not even close to being optimized yet, but still raw. I wish my current video card would allow for those settings. LOL Watch it in 1440P also!

WHOA! No idea it was that huge. yea, watched GTA5 on my cousins console and thought it was GTA4. Don't hate, I don't own a console and haven't played either one, just seen them so yea, looks the same to me. ANYWAYS, ^^ that is insane difference. thanks for posting up a comparison for shitz and gigz, good stuff!

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

No hating implied just helping you understand.

Its kinda like when you where a kid growning up on an Atari, then you got your regular nintendo and you where in aww, then you got that super nintendo and just amazed at how it changed so much again, then you maybe got a sega, then a nintendo 64 or, then the jump to the first Playstation was just incredible.

Your just after that next big fix, like a drugie chasing his first hit of crack and that feeling he had and keeps trying to get that same high, and before you know it your spending 100$s a day on crack taking bigger hits which seem to do less of a high.. Well the same thing is pc gaming, just playing all those generations of consoles until the first pc, then keep rebuilding that pc, then theres some people that have spent $4000+ on their 4video cards and thats not including the rest of the PC parts..... lulz

No hating implied just helping you understand.

Its kinda like when you where a kid growning up on an Atari, then you got your regular nintendo and you where in aww, then you got that super nintendo and just amazed at how it changed so much again, then you maybe got a sega, then a nintendo 64 or, then the jump to the first Playstation was just incredible.

Your just after that next big fix, like a drugie chasing his first hit of crack and that feeling he had and keeps trying to get that same high, and before you know it your spending 100$s a day on crack taking bigger hits which seem to do less of a high.. Well the same thing is pc gaming, just playing all those generations of consoles until the first pc, then keep rebuilding that pc, then theres some people that have spent $4000+ on their 4video cards and thats not including the rest of the PC parts..... lulz

LpZ2hCT.jpg

I do wish it was mine...

i shook this one kids hand and it just folded in mine. long story short i fucked his girlfriendso.. yeah..

You want this to happen to you? Give decent handshakes people.

I was gifted with an innate ability to distribute wholesale ass beatings in a timely and orderly fashion.

Archived