Nipsy06 Posted October 18, 2013 Report Posted October 18, 2013 I just finished building a box for 2 12" SDC 2.5s and I need to know how to do the terminals to run the wires. My plan was to get copper nuts, bolts and washers to screw in and silicone around the bolts. Is it just that simple? Starting from in the box(bolt/terminal/washer/box/ washer/terminal/bolt) using all copper. Also inside of my car is burgundy leather. I was planning to wrap my box in a vinyl like material to match my car interior. Should i just get some vinyl from like hobby lobby or some type of craft store and some spray adhesive? Help Thanks Guys!!!
jarrius Posted October 19, 2013 Report Posted October 19, 2013 Yes terminals are that simple you can use copper bolts and nuts brass bolts and nuts or you can wire the subs directly to the amp and not use any bolts. When I did mine I twisted all 3 positive wires together then used a wire nut and electrical tape to make sure it all won't come off. Then did same for negative side And I would say go to a craft store for the vinyl and get glue that will hold up in heat and cold. 2012 Chevy sonic1xSQ HDC3 12 D2RF R1200d 140 square foot of Q-Mat(soon to be installed) 140.2Db sealed on the dash with TL 142 DB sealed on the dash with another meter (was dead on with the TL at a show i was at) 141 on music. strangeduck,on 02 Jan 2014 - 01:39 AM, said: when my car spins out i just put the car in neutral, turn in the direction i want to go and pucker my asshole
kicker8940 Posted October 27, 2013 Report Posted October 27, 2013 I just finished building a box for 2 12" SDC 2.5s and I need to know how to do the terminals to run the wires. My plan was to get copper nuts, bolts and washers to screw in and silicone around the bolts. Is it just that simple? Starting from in the box(bolt/terminal/washer/box/ washer/terminal/bolt) using all copper. Also inside of my car is burgundy leather. I was planning to wrap my box in a vinyl like material to match my car interior. Should i just get some vinyl from like hobby lobby or some type of craft store and some spray adhesive? Help Thanks Guys!!! Just found this post,i see you said you just finished building a box. Did you build the one i designed for you,if so i would like to see some pics if you took any. Also let me know how it sounds and if you like it.
Nipsy06 Posted January 10, 2014 Author Report Posted January 10, 2014 http://s1161.photobucket.com/user/Nipsy06/media/1479506_10153713350200022_1600782682_n.jpg.html Yes this is the full box and details thanks for your help I will have final pics after I have the sound going! Thanks for the specs on the box I couldnt have done it without you Kicker8940!!! After all these months I am finally almost done!!!
jarrius Posted January 10, 2014 Report Posted January 10, 2014 Good looking man. I was wondering what happened to ya lol. Now ineill demand..... VIDEO lol 2012 Chevy sonic1xSQ HDC3 12 D2RF R1200d 140 square foot of Q-Mat(soon to be installed) 140.2Db sealed on the dash with TL 142 DB sealed on the dash with another meter (was dead on with the TL at a show i was at) 141 on music. strangeduck,on 02 Jan 2014 - 01:39 AM, said: when my car spins out i just put the car in neutral, turn in the direction i want to go and pucker my asshole
mbdblue Posted January 10, 2014 Report Posted January 10, 2014 Please don't use wire nuts in car audio....they are originally designed for solid wire in households, not for multiple strand wire in cars. Your bolt idea is pretty good, but just remember copper is a soft metal and will strip out pretty easy. if your wrapping the box in vinyl you may want to consider a quality spray glue, I believe super 77 doesn't hold up well to heat and there was some questioning 3M 90 also. I don't remember if wilwood rubber cement works on vinyl too, but many people use that for carpet. You could try yourautotrim.com if you can't find the right color your looking for. AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco
Nipsy06 Posted January 11, 2014 Author Report Posted January 11, 2014 Thanks for the reply... I used brass bolts nuts and washers.... and I used the cement on the vinyl here are some pics thanks guys for all your help on this build. http://s1161.photobucket.com/user/Nipsy06/media/1479506_10153713350200022_1600782682_n.jpg.html
DubNDodge Posted January 11, 2014 Report Posted January 11, 2014 Please don't use wire nuts in car audio....they are originally designed for solid wire in households, not for multiple strand wire in cars. Your bolt idea is pretty good, but just remember copper is a soft metal and will strip out pretty easy. if your wrapping the box in vinyl you may want to consider a quality spray glue, I believe super 77 doesn't hold up well to heat and there was some questioning 3M 90 also. I don't remember if wilwood rubber cement works on vinyl too, but many people use that for carpet. You could try yourautotrim.com if you can't find the right color your looking for. Makes so much more sense now.... carpet was coming up in a few areas once it got hot out during the summer. I'll have to find a better adhesive next time '01 Dodge Stratass Sealed Trunk Build Log 2008 Honda Fit Sport Build Log On 10/3/2013 at 10:00 AM, ROLEXrifleman said: Anyone who says they knew everything they wanted out of life at 19 can go suck a bag of dicks cause they are lying to themselves or brought up in a cult.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.