Magnuson-Moss Act + car audio + new car questions.

so my dad is making me get a new car, in which im looking towards the new Focus ST's. now this means warranties and such. i found out the car has a 160 amp alt stock...pretty cool.

now, i have 2400w worth of amps i'd like to be able to put in said new car sometime in the future.

for example with the magnuson-moss act, if the turbo blows and i have the stereo installed, the dealership cant void my warranty because they try to screw me and claim my aftermarket installation of the woofers and amplifiers fucked up the turbo, right?

but lets say the alt fries down the road while i have the audio installed. could they void the warranty then?

That act is towards professional shops. Not personal work iirc

MY BUILD

1998 Ford Explorer 2dr sport

1/0 Big 3 1/0 everything

Alpine cda-9884

Crescendo CZ components

(2) Crescendo bc2000's

(2) Jolt 150ah

(2) Yellow top optimas

(1) Juicebox black cherry addition

(1) Mechman 270 avbm

miss my bc5500 and (4) 15's

You know why people are ass holes online but not in person? Because getting punched in the mouth hurts.

Theoretically that is correct, other than they could argue weight of equipment and undue stresses put on the drivetrain.

But it really depends on your relationship with them and how far they may be willing to drag something out--lawyers, court, etc. Sucks but it happens.

Moral of the story, the dealership that owns the aftermarket shop I run will go much further to help somebody they know well and is a decent person than they will to help the guy they never see and comes in screaming to have something fixed. YMMV.

Cool car to be "made" to be put into by the way....

Static drops are my bag.

thats good to hear guys.

think the different ford dealerships will treat me differently because of the price i paid? like, will a higher price out the door for X options will yield better customer service from the dealership, than paying less for the same X options at a different dealership?

Wish I could help you out more except out of the 11 cars I've owned, I have never bought one from a dealership. Best of luck to you man!

MY BUILD

1/0 Big 3 1/0 everything

Alpine cda-9884

Crescendo CZ components

(2) Crescendo bc2000's

(2) Jolt 150ah

(2) Yellow top optimas

(1) Mechman 270 avbm

You know why people are ass holes online but not in person? Because getting punched in the mouth hurts.

You won't wanna turn back!

MY BUILD

1/0 Big 3 1/0 everything

Alpine cda-9884

Crescendo CZ components

(2) Crescendo bc2000's

(2) Jolt 150ah

(2) Yellow top optimas

(1) Mechman 270 avbm

yes they could, as long as the aftermarket equipment is at fault, like the stereo, they could void any warranty. If you were to take the wires out and left no trace then they could not prove the aftermarket amps and etc... were what caused it. But that is risk you would have to take when installing the equipment.

Archived