I ran into a small issue after baking so I sanded down and had some areas the went through so I had to reclear. Now these are dark...but still transparent where there should be no issues.

20131021_112849.jpg

Can you explain the baking process?

If you paint cars or know someone who does...they use climate controlled booths. well the booth I use at work has a bake setting which will bring the temperature of the booth up to 160°+ to help cure the clear coat so you can handle the cars or body panels faster.

Pioneer AVH480

Zapco ST5XII amplifier

Stevens Audio 6.5" components (passive)

Onyx Subwoofer

Sky High OFC wiring

Let me know what you think of those components as im very interested in them!

Ive heard them in my buddy's car and honestly..they are crisp and lively. run decent power and they do work....thats why I bought them.

like actively? do they sound full ?

They have a very nice range for even running passive without EQ or TA. I was very impressed and could easily compare them to some of the higher end Rainbows and Morel sets.

They have a very punchy low end and from 4k to 12k they are smooth and tight.

Pioneer AVH480

Zapco ST5XII amplifier

Onyx Subwoofer

Sky High OFC wiring

tails look good. on my 04 i had, my buddy did the same thing at his work. clear coat mix makes it so much nicer than just vht

Oh yeah...Im going to wet sand and buff them so they will really shine and any/all imperfections will be gone.

You cant get anywhere near the depth or shine with VHT...I dont care who you are...lol!

Pioneer AVH480

Zapco ST5XII amplifier

Onyx Subwoofer

Sky High OFC wiring

• 2 weeks later...

Well with tinting my tail lights I ran into a slight visibility issue during day time driving, so I wet sanded and buffed some coats of and picked up some LED light bulbs. Dont think I will have any issues now!

20131103_204022.jpg

20131103_204014.jpg

Pioneer AVH480

Zapco ST5XII amplifier

Onyx Subwoofer

Sky High OFC wiring

hell yeah those tail lights are nice i did mine with rustoleum spray tint and they're not bad but nowhere near that quality

I was hoping to have been started already. I have everything I need but time. Between mine and my wifes working and 2 toddlers...time is very scarse.

If worse comes to worse Im gonna have to wait till spring. I dont have a lot to build persay...but the pods are pretty tedious to get right.

Pioneer AVH480

Zapco ST5XII amplifier

Onyx Subwoofer

Sky High OFC wiring

Archived