Sonic Electronix

Ok so im a new guy on here (I'd call myself intermediate in car audio) and I have 1 94 dodge ram single cab long bed. I've been through a ton of systems (a couple sets of 4 10's behind the seats, 3 ported between the seats, and now have 2 dc lvl 4 12's between the seats). I really want to get loud, in the 50's is my aim, I guess to be classified as a groundpounder. A buddy of mine just did 2 12's in a blow though in his 89 s10 and its pretty damn loud so I've been playing around with the blow through idea in my truck. My width is 65'', height is 19'', and depth can got to 35'' but I really wanted to keep it aroun 12-14 cubes. I was thinking either 2 18's which would be a crazy close fit to the top of the bed and I'd probably have to build a brace across the bed, or 3 15's. Just wanted some opinions on what would get louder/lower/do hairtricks/etc. I wanted either some tantric hdds,shds, or some hdc3/4s but I'd be open to anything that could take the power. Im planning on about 6-8k for power. I have a HO alt but I'll probably get a second alt, and I have 4 dekka bats, 1000cc with runs of 0 ga everywhere. This is my daily and I also wanted to be able to still use the bed some what so I can go on trips and such and still carry bags/equipment or whatever. I'm open to any help or advice from all members. Thanks

Judson

Im not much of a box help yet but I can say this 18's will not fit if you only have 19in max to the top. I would go with 4 15 in hdc4 duel 1's and a dc 9k. The reason for 4 subs is so you can have a even ohm load and not like 1.5ohms or something like that.

2012 Chevy sonic1xSQ HDC3 12 D2RF R1200d

140 square foot of Q-Mat(soon to be installed)

140.2Db sealed on the dash with TL

142 DB sealed on the dash with another meter (was dead on with the TL at a show i was at)

141 on music.

strangeduck,on 02 Jan 2014 - 01:39 AM, said:

when my car spins out i just put the car in neutral, turn in the direction i want to go and pucker my asshole

yeah like i said 18's would be cutting it close or Id have to angle them. the problem with 4 15's is if they were side by sideid only have 5 inchs of port to work with and thats not even close to what I'd need. I guess they could be side waysor angle but Im not a box designer so id need help with that Idea but thanks for the input

You can do 18s, just have to angle the baffle to allow width to fit, but you need to make sure the motors clear as well.

29408240963_9908a51930_o.png
Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's]

BL :  http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/

Archived