Stupid questions....

So one of my neighbors had 2 RE's for sale for a really good price so i went ahead and bought them so I can upgrade from my shitty 12s to those reallyy nice 12s. He told me the model was the SXXX series but I cant find ANY information on them at all or if they even exist. Maybe I am just not looking hard enough,I dont know. He told me they were custom built but I have no idea if he was telling the truth or not, can anyone get any info on them? The main reason why I got them was because I did see them in action and they hit hard as hell.. which brings me to my main question. Ever since I installed those subs my windows and doors have been flexing really bad, can bass really break a window or do I have nothing to worry about?

I know of the RE audio SXX and the XXX but not a SXXX.

And it is extremely hard to break a window, unless you have a poorly built car (not saying you do).

b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png

Krakin's Home Dipole Project

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370

Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist?

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself

but what has drawn your attention

in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums

An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space

Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears,

thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.

Not sure about the subs but I know they have a xxx series not sxxx though. And you have nothing to worry about with your windows. The only people you'll see breaking window have HUGE amounts of power in crazy systems

FI BL18 Build Log: CLICK HERE!!

2003 Explorer Sport:

FI BL18

SoundQubed 2200 at 0.7ohm

Pioneer DEH-2500UI

Pioneer 6 x 8s

Rockford Fosgate 6 x 9s

5 ft^3 box at 35hz

Lots of Mega Mat

SkyHighCarAudio_zpse6b4e501.png3abb2365-8d29-422d-a446-efa7a74b8dba_zps70e62980.jpgFILogo_zps400b37c1.jpg

In that video he claims they are SEXXX models..

Are these a mixture of the SEX, SXX, and XXX lines? haha

b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png

Krakin's Home Dipole Project

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370

Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist?

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself

but what has drawn your attention

in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums

An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space

Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears,

thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.

Archived