The funniest things you have seen in car audio!

Working on someone's car today, basic amplifier and subwoofer install. They have a JL K2500.1 and an older dual 4 JL 10''. The woofer is fucked beyond compare, both coils read below .8 and have some nasty rubbing, surround has holes in it, and the spider is ripped. Not to mention, the tiny ass sealed enclosure is full of holes and it only had two screws holding the woofer in. Fuck me.

Owner said "We had it in a different car and it didn't sound good."

No shit, the gain is on max and you've got a blown subwoofer in a cardboard shit house. I laughed pretty hard, then almost cried, because I'm sure he'll be expecting good results when he picks it up later. rant/

I forget, where do you work? Give him the link to this site so he can learn, lol.

I just do small install for the locals who hear about me. No matter how much I try to explain basic stuff to these high school kids, they just don't get it. Although he understood what "you've got a blown sub" meant

I was going to make a comment about how funny high school kids are around car audio...then I thought back to when I was in highschool and didn't know crap, and knew literally no one that was knowledgeable. Props for at least trying to explain it to them to educate the little guys.

I'm still in High School and looking back to when i first got into this i learned a lot since then for sure! but the other people in my school .....not so much guys still try to argue that their $80 walmart kicker prefab setups keep up with hdc3's on q-2200's....... Other than then my one friend that i work on systems with no one here knows jack shit about audio.

Working on someone's car today, basic amplifier and subwoofer install. They have a JL K2500.1 and an older dual 4 JL 10''. The woofer is fucked beyond compare, both coils read below .8 and have some nasty rubbing, surround has holes in it, and the spider is ripped. Not to mention, the tiny ass sealed enclosure is full of holes and it only had two screws holding the woofer in. Fuck me.

Owner said "We had it in a different car and it didn't sound good."

No shit, the gain is on max and you've got a blown subwoofer in a cardboard shit house. I laughed pretty hard, then almost cried, because I'm sure he'll be expecting good results when he picks it up later. rant/

I forget, where do you work? Give him the link to this site so he can learn, lol.

I just do small install for the locals who hear about me. No matter how much I try to explain basic stuff to these high school kids, they just don't get it. Although he understood what "you've got a blown sub" meant

I was going to make a comment about how funny high school kids are around car audio...then I thought back to when I was in highschool and didn't know crap, and knew literally no one that was knowledgeable. Props for at least trying to explain it to them to educate the little guys.

I'm still in High School and looking back to when i first got into this i learned a lot since then for sure! but the other people in my school .....not so much guys still try to argue that their $80 walmart kicker prefab setups keep up with hdc3's on q-2200's....... Other than then my one friend that i work on systems with no one here knows jack shit about audio.

At least you guys knew that you didn't know everything. That's the problem with most people, they don't want to be told they are wrong.

Avalanche

Alpine Type S comps

Alpine Type S 10''

Alpine MPR-F300

Alpine MRX-M50

Mechamn 270

XS Power d3400s

^^^^ That's the frustrating part. I knew how much I had to learn, just knew no one to teach me. Forums weren't really what they are now back in the late 90's, if you had someone local that knew his stuff then you may smooth talk him into lending a hand. As it was, I blew up a lot of speakers and learned the hard way.

The younger generation takes two things for granted:

1. So much knowledge is out there free for the taker.

2. So much of what is on the internet is complete bullshit, and you have to sort through it to get to the good stuff.

What frustrates me is guys that are talking out their ass, and don't want to hear another/better informed opinion they just want someone to ooh and ahh and validate their bullshit. That, and the guys that read XYZ on the internet so it must be true.

For what it's worth, I'm indebted to a LOT of you guys that I can't even name, and members long since gone, for the pearls of wisdom that have been left behind for everyone else.

2015 Toyota Tacoma Build Thread

2007 Mazda 3; 5000K HID's, Kenwood Excelon KDC-X997, Infinity Reference 6.5 comps in front and coaxials in the rear doors, JL 320.4 four channel, Rab Designs built ported enclosure with an SA12, Kenwood monoblock, Redline Leater shift boot/e-brake boot/center console cover, JBR short shifter/shifter bushings/rear motor mount.

Build Thread

1996 Mazda Miata: Kenwood Excelon HU, Alpine speaker in the doors, Clearwater (miata specific) headrest speakers. 

1994 Mazda Protege: Kenwood Excelon HU, Infinity Reference 2 ways all around, 2x RF Punch 10's in ported boxes. 

As I am on this site at work RIGHT now

42 yr. old guy comes up behind me,

HIM: "what do you do on there?" (computer)

ME: "looking at ATV and car audio forums to learn shit"

HIM: "I used to have 2 - 12" Kick Comps and a Rockford Fosgate amp and 4XS crossover and Eclipse deck that folded up, it was like $2,000 worth of equipment 16 years ago. Had it in the back seat of my Ranger"

ME: "oh really, that's awesome......" (trying to just be nice but it's the same stuff we all hear)

HIM: "yea, my friend had a 32" in the trunk of his Buick, we put Dynamat everywhere in that car. He had to take a different way home each day because we lived in Dallas and people would jack you if they knew you had that all in there. That was a big system"

ME: couldn't help but laugh at that point

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

As I am on this site at work RIGHT now

42 yr. old guy comes up behind me,

HIM: "what do you do on there?" (computer)

ME: "looking at ATV and car audio forums to learn shit"

HIM: "I used to have 2 - 12" Kick Comps and a Rockford Fosgate amp and 4XS crossover and Eclipse deck that folded up, it was like $2,000 worth of equipment 16 years ago. Had it in the back seat of my Ranger"

ME: "oh really, that's awesome......" (trying to just be nice but it's the same stuff we all hear)

HIM: "yea, my friend had a 32" in the trunk of his Buick, we put Dynamat everywhere in that car. He had to take a different way home each day because we lived in Dallas and people would jack you if they knew you had that all in there. That was a big system"

ME: couldn't help but laugh at that point

Must be the Clarion 32" I've heard about though never seen. Used to think it was a running gag like Funky Pups till someone showed me pics of one. Still never seen one in person, nor do I think I ever will.

2015 Toyota Tacoma Build Thread

2007 Mazda 3; 5000K HID's, Kenwood Excelon KDC-X997, Infinity Reference 6.5 comps in front and coaxials in the rear doors, JL 320.4 four channel, Rab Designs built ported enclosure with an SA12, Kenwood monoblock, Redline Leater shift boot/e-brake boot/center console cover, JBR short shifter/shifter bushings/rear motor mount.

Build Thread

1996 Mazda Miata: Kenwood Excelon HU, Alpine speaker in the doors, Clearwater (miata specific) headrest speakers. 

1994 Mazda Protege: Kenwood Excelon HU, Infinity Reference 2 ways all around, 2x RF Punch 10's in ported boxes. 

00j0j_hRI43dBUrzw_600x450_zps8f31c5d5.jp

found this on.cl...

yup

jvc deck

stinger 1800 front

hc 2000 kinetic rear

2 runs of 1/0g

big 3/4

ct 60.4

2 ct 1400.1

ct EXO 15 d1

lots of deadner

type r comps front stage

6 kicker tweets rear stage

lots of great stuff

coming soon

ho alt

more bats

ct comps for front stage

more deadner

sweet amp rack

lots of L.E.D lights

new deck (thinking 80 prs, or flip out)

00j0j_hRI43dBUrzw_600x450_zps8f31c5d5.jp

found this on.cl...

yup

passive radiator? LOL

1997 subaru legacy outback

Four 15's in a almost wall

Rockford Fosgate t2500-1bdcp

Rockford Fosgate T400-4 on tweets
Rockford Fosgate T400-4 on highs
Rockford Fosgate T400-2 on midrange
Rockford Fosgate T400-2 on midbass

Optima Yellow top batteries
270A Singer alt (working on a bracket for a second) 
Lots of Second Skin

Archived