Second Skin Audio

Possible hybrid woofer build (woofer builders and gurus chime in please)

baron_of_bass

Has anyone ever tried to buy separate soft parts from multiple manufactures and ship those soft parts to 1 particular manufacture to build and assemble the woofer for them? I have a build planned out that won't start for a while, but what I'd like to do is buy sundowns new high roll surround, DDs carbon fiber cone and possible a cap (no surround, I say cap because team Fi subs come with a cf cap), and maybe if Fi is willing, ill ship those soft parts to them so that they can build me some pretty nice looking subs using the team Fi platform (motor, suspension, basket etc.) Also, I'm curious to know if the surround and cf cap/cone will mess with the subs t/s?

Team Bass-Hz

screenshot5-1.jpg

i have atomic motor and basket with tantric soft parts

Yeah but my question is more in the direction of if it's possible to slap a sundown high roll surround, on a DD carbon fiber cone/ cap on a team Fi sub

Team Bass-Hz

screenshot5-1.jpg

It's really hard to get seperate parts like that from these companies, dustcaps aren't that big of a deal but i'm pretty sure they won't sell seperates cones/motors/spiders

'93 Firebird Formula V8

H/U- Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X395

Mids/Highs Amp- Hifonics ZXI80.4

Wiring-KNU RCA's, Speaker Wire, And Two Runs Of Trystar 1/0

G34 Red Top and a 180amp Ford Alternator

www.youtube.com/TRTC360

It's really hard to get seperate parts like that from these companies, dustcaps aren't that big of a deal but i'm pretty sure they won't sell seperates cones/motors/spiders

Yeah man I just called dd abs they won't sell the damn cone, I might have to try rusty.

Team Bass-Hz

screenshot5-1.jpg

Archived