This is going be be a refresh of the system Ive been working on for a wile. I finally have every thing all in one place, the audio, and aux stuff ( led's gauges ext). I have mocked it all up and run a lot of wires not its time to make it pretty and neat.

First Things First The audio system diagram.

system_web.jpg

The 8's are in the door panels in the factory boxes. Yes I know they are IB subs but they sound good in the stock box and Im driving them more as mid range drivers than subs.

I am open to suggestions on how to fine tune them this is the first time I have worked with a 8 for a midrange driver. The doors still have the 5x7's too. so Im thinking this may take some Xover tweaking. moving right along.

I forgot to add a shot of the car with the new wheels. They are race wheels with slicks but I think they look way better than my street wheels.

IMG_0856.jpg

IMG_0077-1.jpg

Now that we have a foundation heres some of the build and refresh. Ill start with the amp rack and the Memphis Mcd1300 5 channel aka the Big belle ( old school Fultron amp). I love this amp its one beastly amp and the sound is killer.

Starting to paint it I got the amp used so it had some battle scars.

3dfc8a7b2387584f4953118644fbbbd2.jpg

718a36fcafef9ba0b86150c1dccf8e7d.jpg

75b62f948a1592acc149f93204f52df3.jpg

Starting the amp rack.

941df54353fdc35d98b23389b084a5cb.jpg

This is a version 1 Im going to rebuild it pretty soon using low temp plastic for the top part and sides.

4909332d088c2a91421dd3483b24e358.jpg

37799e06a25369d26bf22110a87202b2.jpg

The Thing with the amp rack is that I Auto cross so the amp rack had to be able to come out. heres my solution. All the sires that link it to the car ig power speaker ext can be removed and the amp stays on the rack. It domes out in one piece.

IMG_0772.jpg

Test fit with some foam to level it out. The mustang floor has a few low spots. Here is the beauty panel being test fired.

8d1c665e7ce9e7892b3d2c91374f8817.jpg

After upholstery

d6c75c6eb459aaa4646f1ff310e36df3.jpg

L.E.D's and beauty panel installed.

72a7b1d4907bc936197090c7537d1dc3.jpg

Setting the gains.

cb7a553ea3f4f5a5b41f0dbba0a3d699.jpg

Welcome. Coming out swinging. I like it.

One of my favorite amps ever. Still use a Memphis 75x4 in my Accord wagon--which I also autocross but just pull the sub and spare tire out (sub sits inside spare tire) and leave the amp. And I also run two F90BTs--one in the wagon and one in my wife's SUV so I got you on equipment choices.

Without adding a crossover you could:

Front out full range for 5x7s. (Amp high pass at 125Hz.**)

Rear out full range to sub** (because you have the external level control) Amp Low pass 60Hz (or your preference)

Sub out to 8s at highest frequency setting low pass--125Hz and amp high pass at 60Hz (or your preference) for your pass band.

**Downfall of the Pioneers and most others is that front and rear crossover settings are married.

I also would not amplify the rear 5x7s on those channels because no rear level control, but that is a personal preference and I don't run much in the back of my vehicles. I'd find a small two channel and hide it if I needed rear speakers.

Work looks great so far. I'm tuned in for sure.

Static drops are my bag.

The pioneer also has a floating ground problem which is why Im running the Audio control to feed the amp. Thank for the advice Ill give that a shot and see how it sounds. Right now I don't have the rear hooked up thought Id test to see if I even need them. So far I like the way it sounds but it could use a bit more fill.

So heres the spot here Im really wanting to do something about. I want to put this mess of wires in to something that maybe can be shown in the glove box. I have several barrier strips I can work with and 3 30 amp relays to control: The Front LED Wireless relay , The Audio Control L6 and the Memphis amp. all fused where appropriate. Making them look good and organized is something that I have had a ton of experience with.

So my question is How do you all you pro installers make it look good. Is there a method to where to place things and how to bend the wires or is it just doing it for a wile and you find you're now way.

Id like to add that In my minds eye this would have a very nice plexi cover over it and maybe some led action to light it up. Im open to any and all suggestions.

IMG_0903.jpg

Cleaning up the junctions of the amp rack and the rest of the car is also on my list. Any posts or pics of pretty wiring would be cool.

SO over the weekend I got a little work done with trying to clean up all there wiring and make something cool to organize it.

The rough shape

IMG_0908.jpg

Started fitting the barrier strips and drilling holes for wires.

IMG_0910.jpg

Little kitty hair to fill in some gaps

IMG_0912.jpg

Looks pretty ugly now but after a bunch of sanding it should look pretty good. Im not sure what color Im painting this yet.

Heres the car as it site come the new year its going to be satin black.

The final work has been removed bet ya get the picture.

34c39dc439691ab275dcbd5282aec405.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

So a small update to this. I have straightened out all the wiring in to the glove box. This panel serves as the junction for the three relays that run the amp, Lc6, and the LED's. There is also room for later additions no clue what they man be but easier to do it now than go back for the 7th time.

IMG_0927.jpg

Pretty simple just bed liner and a little fiber glass. Im thinking about making a plexi cover to give it a more finished look along wit home led's for a bit of show.

Im kinda stoked about the next thing I have on my list.

The Greddy SMI gauges. These are a super rare Japanese part that I was given. The image below is the control box. You can plug like 6 gauges in to it and use one line out and then daisy chain the gauges together. It also will record 40 sec of date. Cool little thing.

IMG_0784.jpg

IMG_0681.jpg

IMG_0932.jpg

All the wiring is run and hooked up now.

IMG_0943.jpg

Rear Speaker / rca bundles all cleaned up sitting on top of some Murder Mat.

IMG_0928.jpg

So that is if for now Next step now that all the wiring is run is to re build the amp rack.

• 1 month later...

Well things have been moving a bit slow started a mother build ( my dads 64 impala pics soon to come).

I picked up a memphis 16-X03 Xover to help push the sound where I want it Im thinking to make the jl 8's in the doors more midrange drivers instead of subs. This is the first time I have felt with a three way set up so whish me luck.

IMG_0995.jpg

I found this on ebay for like 30 bucks looks to be in good condition no burns and anything. Ill find out once I fire it up.

Now its on tho the sub box. This will house the JL 10w3 v2 nothing special here just a sealed box and a trim panel. Im thinking of remaking this as a ported box. More on that later.

fdc54c1719a427b7ce2e724609513d8d.jpg

05959018266b9ffdfbcb59d44f08c7a3.jpg

The wrap got a little messed up but you can't see it in the final install. Ive added Murder mat to the inside, and front on the box as well as some Edead liquid that I had left over from doing the trunk. Sounds real nice and solid with 300 watts from the Big Belle.

The final product with the trim ring and beauty panel installed. I ran more LED's over the top looks great at night.

1441f5f4a886b4bca0f30905a61211a8.jpg

I always forget to take pictures during the rough contraction stage. I get so invoked in figuring out how its going to work that I never pick up the camera.

So not an audio update but a performance and repair update.

1. Updated the Halo's to COB LED's ( Supper Bright ) cleaned up all wiring and added a second relay for the brights. The droughts are also HID's but I never use them unless Im out in the middle of no where on a dark road. They a re too bright for city driving.

2. Not any pics of this but a Steeda Short shifter install . This was a HUGE PITA!! Not complicated but tedious. Shifter feels better though and the new shift knob I ordered will look nice in the car.

3. Driving around and blew the upper thermostat housing. Its plastic on the v6 mustang. This was pretty impressive shot coolant trough the heat extractors on my hood and got my windshield. Not to meant ion the entire engine bay. So I replaced that and the water pump at the same time since I was there. The water pump is more preventive maintenance that any thing.

Since you have to take off most of the pulleys I decided to paint them wile I was there.

Here are the pics .

welcome aboard looking nice and talking about cars what is it pushing? is it supercharged? tell us lol

2010 Mazda 3

*Rebuild Time*

Subs - (2) AA Mayhems 12's
Sub amp - (1) Populus Audio TPA 6500
Headunit - Pioneer App Radio 2

Batteries - XS Power (1) D3100 up front | 6 XP950 rear

Wire - Sky High 1/0 Gauge wires and RCA's and steve's VM1

Alternator - Singer 260 Externally Regulated

Front Stage: (2) PRV Audio 10W650A (4) PRV Audio 8MR500-PhP-4 (4) DS Bullet Tweets | (2) 6.5 Components (Rear doors)

Mids & high Amp : (2) Populus Audio 100.4

Processor: Rockford 3sixty.3

The Build Log : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/175922-2010-mazda-3-2-aa-mayhems-12-pg14-new-video/page-11

flakosignature1-1_zps0751010a.png

Archived