Door Panels: Starting New 02 Civic

Nice Work man. I'm wanting to take a stab at doing my door panels but have never worked with glass and resin.

iT'S KINDA EASY IF YOU HAVE A KNACK FOR CREATING STUFF. TRY DOING SOMETHING SMALL AND UNIMPORTANT FIRST TO PRACTICE.

Yup! My first attempt will be for a couple of FT1's in my Equinox. There is a a tweeter pod for the factory ones. I'm thinking it should be fairly easy to do them I HOPE! :nuts: But im taking notes and feel pretty confident. I am very creative so this should be fun!!!!

on the equinox tweeter pod location, the factory makes them out of a solid mold (plastic) with the tweeter already fixed in place. See if you can easily remove the tweeter part off the pod without breaking anything off first. Let me know if you can and we will take it from there. Also let me see a picture of the pod itself.

Looks good! Have you seen my vids before? Just wondering if thats where you picked up some of this stuff or had previous experience. It looks like that rage gold was mixed a little hot! But either way lookng good, maybe I missed it but are you covering in vinyl or painting?

-Mark

Host of "CarAudioFabrication" - YouTube Car Audio Tutorial Channel

Forum.png

Check out my forum section here on SMD for my builds and tutorial videos!

Subscribe on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/CarAudioFabrication

Nice work.

Though I think using the rage or any other expensive filler is a waste of good material in those stages IMO.

This is where crappy 3M/Bondo brand filler comes into play for me. If its too thick or old filler, I will mix in some more crappy 3m/bondo brand resin and lighten it up with a workable milkshake.

Archived