Door Panels: Starting New 02 Civic

Dont know much about using actual carbon fiber, but would like to try it out sometime. Where do you get your supplies from?

Build is unreal btw........dont know if I've ever seen such craftsmenship documented this well! Most the time guysjust postpictures of finished products so they don't reveal their ways when they do some thing of this quality....

Thank you for breaking it down so well, really respect the amount of time put into this. Looks like its paying off nicely!

Funny how the people who have a louder system than you will usually give you a compliment about your setup because they know how much blood, sweat, time, and money you put into it. The people who criticize or try and one up you....have a p.o.s to no system at all and will tell you all about this "other" guys system! Saddley I'm sure if I meet this "other" guy...he will probably tell me he thinks your just as annoying as I think you are!

I'm not compensating, just proud of fabricating!

My build log: 10k center console with 4 DC Audio XL 10's powered by 2 DC Audio 5.0k amps 5 xs batteries and dual DC Power 300xps alts

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/169404-goodvibez-04-dmax-10k-center-console-w4-xl-10s-custom-5ksit-plays/page-19

Dont know much about using actual carbon fiber, but would like to try it out sometime. Where do you get your supplies from?

Build is unreal btw........dont know if I've ever seen such craftsmenship documented this well! Most the time guysjust postpictures of finished products so they don't reveal their ways when they do some thing of this quality....

Thank you for breaking it down so well, really respect the amount of time put into this. Looks like its paying off nicely!

Thanks for the Great Compliment, goodvibez. I get all my carbon fiber material and supplies from www.compsiteenvisions.com and you may want to check out my other forum on carbon fiber.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167381-carbon-fiber-use-this-forum-to-show-off-your-custom-parts/

Thanks man! Will check them out for sure!

Funny how the people who have a louder system than you will usually give you a compliment about your setup because they know how much blood, sweat, time, and money you put into it. The people who criticize or try and one up you....have a p.o.s to no system at all and will tell you all about this "other" guys system! Saddley I'm sure if I meet this "other" guy...he will probably tell me he thinks your just as annoying as I think you are!

I'm not compensating, just proud of fabricating!

My build log: 10k center console with 4 DC Audio XL 10's powered by 2 DC Audio 5.0k amps 5 xs batteries and dual DC Power 300xps alts

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/169404-goodvibez-04-dmax-10k-center-console-w4-xl-10s-custom-5ksit-plays/page-19

Sorry guys but i worked O.T. on Saturday and Sunday the owners of the place where i rent was having a party on the back yard so i couldn't really do much this weekend but i did manage to do 1 peace so that i wouldn't feel like a total loss. I researched which is the absolute best clear coat in the market and a list popped up. Within the list were House of Kolors, PPG, and a company called SPI (sourthern polyurethane) their product is the Euro 2020 and it topped the list. So i decided to purchase a gallon of it and try it out.

i must admit, This is the SHIT. If applied properly, you don't even have to wet sand and buff it. It is incredibly shiny by far.

Here is the piece i did manage to do this weekend.

20140405184719.jpg

20140405184727.jpg

20140405185657.jpg

20140405185834.jpg

20140406155802.jpg

20140406155837.jpg

20140406160305.jpg

Looks amazing!! Makes that carbon fiber really pop out..

My only critique would be your purple decal isn't as noticeable or prominent. At least it looks that way in the pics.

But I love how you embed little DIY tips, tricks, methods in with your build pics!!

damn that turned out nice... I need to send interior pieces to you to get wrapped :)

i thought you said that you will learn how to do it with all the extra pieces you have. What happened? LOL

Looks amazing!! Makes that carbon fiber really pop out..

My only critique would be your purple decal isn't as noticeable or prominent. At least it looks that way in the pics.

But I love how you embed little DIY tips, tricks, methods in with your build pics!!

IT is the effect i am looking for. GHOSTED IN. Which only pops up when a light source hits it.

20140329200322.jpg Almost No Light

20140329200342.jpg Direct Light

damn that turned out nice... I need to send interior pieces to you to get wrapped :)

i thought you said that you will learn how to do it with all the extra pieces you have. What happened? LOL

still too cold :/ I'll try on smaller pieces first. the trim around my cluster is a little more tricky... but it has been done before

Archived