Clean, Stealth type setup for 2010 Tahoe

helraza

I am looking at purchasing a 2010 government issue Tahoe for a fun vehicle. I don't really have a max budget but I prefer value vs 1% performance increase for 100% more cost if that makes sense. That said i want quality equipment and to do it the right way.

Here is what I want:

• Clean mids and highs that can play all types music as well as some pod casts and NFL sat radio from time to time.
  • Navigation/Bluetooth/SirusXM/Rear Camera/Android connectivity. I a techie so taking this further is fine with me. Not sure what aftermarket sync type options are available.
  • Solid bass but nothing over the top and ideally something 10" that can can be stealthy. I really dont want a box sitting in the back if I can help it ( I currently have 2 10" JL Audio 10W0's 4ohm laying around, but not 100% sure I want to use them).
  • I like the idea of an active xover/EQ, but I am thinking that if I can't get a solid one in a head unit I just dont want to shell out the cash for the 360.3, which is really cool but more than I want.
  • I really don't want to modify too much for speakers, but I wouldn't mind adding tweeters somewhere if it's appropriate.
  • An amp or two to properly power everything.
  • Sound deadening and any electrical upgrades that would be needed.

So there you have it. I am an old school bass head who wants to relive some of the system building fun. I know how to properly install everything although custom fiberglass type fabrication is more than I want to take on. I am not 100% against aftermarket custom boxes, but would rather not. Can you fit a 10" somewhere "hidden" in a tahoe? Thanks in advance guys.

Welcome to SMD

Any product brands in mind ??? Or are you looking for Brand recommendations ???

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

I am definitely looking for brand recommendations. Along with any other suggestions people have. Do I need a big 3 wire upgrade? Who makes a good amp kit? Is there a better value than dynamat these days? Things like that. I have definitely been out of car audio for a while.

Also, thanks for the welcome. I'm really enjoying the forum so far. Lots of talented people here.

I am definitely looking for brand recommendations.

Something I can not give ...

Do I need a big 3 wire upgrade?

yes ... Something that should be done even if you do not have a system ...

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

http://www.ceautoelectricsupply.com/big3kits.html

Big 3 kits

I agree with the RF amp idea. just my opinion though. In this day and age there are LOTs of good brands so you will be getting LOTs of opinions

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

Are Focal amps any good? I've seen several people say they like to match amps and speakers. With the RF are the Primes any good? Plan would be to get 1 4 channel and 1 sub amp.

Focal is very good. Not sure of your budget but I would look into Audison/Hertz. Prime is the lowest line RF makes if you want to consider RF I would stick with the Power (T) series or better.

2013 Dodge Charger

Build Log

1996 Ford Explorer XLT 5.0
Build Log

2005 Honda Civic LX Coupe

Build Log

SMD SUPER SELLER!!!!
My Selling Feedback

Dresig1_zps7acbddbb.gif

Dresig2_zpscfb11527.gif

Are Focal amps any good? I've seen several people say they like to match amps and speakers. With the RF are the Primes any good? Plan would be to get 1 4 channel and 1 sub amp.

Just being honest here, but do you have any idea of a budget you would have for highs/mids? amps? Subs, if you don't use the JL's? etc. etc. That pretty much plays a role in ideas of what to run. I know you said quality but if you gave us a dollar amount people could give you like top 3 they would run for that money. Just asking for quality and you might get people telling you to buy $500-$1000 component sets, of course they are quality but over priced as well. Just food for thought

EDIT: ninja'd about the budget thing, posted same exact time as Ibleedmusic

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

Archived