Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

SMD Sunflash and mat questions for sub box


zack_e89

Recommended Posts

Posted

First, let's say that I want to put the sunflash everywhere inside my sub box and mat in the corners and seams for extra strength. I've never done this before.

1) If if have a subs up, port back design and want to strengthen the seams on the underside of my baffles, would the sunflash be able to harden? I don't think I could get all of the seams in direct sunlight.

2)What is the best mat for strength inside a box?... considering I'm using the sunflash, if that even makes a difference

97 Suburban

8 custom PSI Platform 3 18's

Posted

I'd use normal resin for doing the inside of the box.

2002 Honda CR-V
Alpine 9887

My Build

Rebuilding...

Second Skin Damp
4 DC XL 15's
2 DC 5ks
Singer 320 amp
6 cap banks
Sky High wire
2 VM-1's
OM-1

all under window line

Team DC Audio

Obama has a law he's trying to pass right now, trying to ban Leo for being a threat to children everywhere.



EDIT: Not in a JP kind of way.

I thought I was going to die from all the jizz filling my ears.

Posted

Thanks for the replies guys. If it turns out I have to get regular resin so be it... but I really was dead-set on using the SMD stuff! If there's a will, there's a way, maybe? hahah I'm just starting my box so I have a little time to figure this out

I thought there were certain lights you can buy that would harden the sunflash?

Now that you mention it, if I remember correctly, I think Steve mentioned this in a video or something. I guess no one has used the sunflash for a box?

97 Suburban

8 custom PSI Platform 3 18's

Posted

You can use a UV light to harden it as same as the sun, you may can get that in there by hand from a small UV flashlight instead of maneuvering the box around, Search smd flash and Steve tells all about it..

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 6077 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...