Recommendations for 6.5 component set

thesuperiorfighter

here is my two cents.

go with the hertz or focal's.

that out of the way i will say, 3 mids and 3 tweets up front is going to totally wreck your staging and you are going to have issues with standing waves, cancellation, and other issues. So you are going to defeat the purpose of all that clarity. You will need some serious serious time alignment and processing to make it all play well together especially with the extra set in the rear deck.

I would ditch the idea of using the rear deck since if you want to do this right you will have to either seal off firing forward, so speaker in the deck will defeat the purpose, or if you fire rear, your subs are just going to destroy the mids because of the pressure.

Now with all that processing and TA you will lose a shit load of output and again defeat the purpose.

Most SQ guys i think recommend 1 tweeter because multiple tweets can cause them to wash out and overlap and cause a variety of issues.

Since you will need a lot of proccesing anyway, maybe you should look at some high end pro audio and some good super tweets. Youcan eq the shit out of them still throw 200 watts to each driver and still get loud and sound good.

Again, my 2 cents, your car, your build. Good luck and make a build log cause i for sure want to see this thing be built!

Im thinking about the focal k2 power 3 way, having 2 sets in the front and 1 set of coaxial in the rear doors. I think i will be able to set the stages with the midbass woofers in the doors, one midrange in the pilars and the other 2 in the top of the dash and only 1 pair of the tweeters in the pilars. Do you think this set up would be loud enough to hear over the subs? Thank you for the advice.

Hes on here too. Alot of people run pa now for the sheer volume they cam get out of it

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

I'd get these and make grills for the tweeter and mids:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Volvo-C70-Dynaudio-Rear-Side-Panel-Mids-Tweeters-Door-Dome-Midrange-Speakers-/121143211423?pt=Car_Speakers&hash=item1c34b2b59f

Same drivers as in this set:

https://www.woofersetc.com/p-5547-esotec-system-342-dynaudio-7-3-way-component-speakers.aspx

If you want passive, the x-342 crossover can be found for a few hundred.

I think going this route maximizes quality per dollar over buying new.

https://www.woofersetc.com/p-7080-csx-46520-rainbow-csx-65-3-way-component-system.aspx

what i like to use as they take 300rms a set all day every day and maximise your amp as 2ohm

that being sad if you more to spend there is better

i like as a 3way (and is what i have on order at the moment)

http://www.woofersetc.com/p-11263-hybrid-602-morel-65-2-way-component-speaker-system.aspx

http://www.woofersetc.com/p-4845-admw-9-morel-9-add-on-mid-woofer-kit.aspx

I have a pair of focal krx2s in my jeep. Sound very nice and I would definetly recomend them for an sq sql oriented set up. They get loud also for one pair of components! If you find a couple pairs of them discounted they wouldnt be real far from your budget if you ment $800 each set. I do agree with alot of the people here though. Once you get to this spl, subs will drown out your components. But if you turn subs down to blend when you are playing more musical stuff, then I think you may like focal. I know I do! Dont get me wrong, they are loud and clean, but thats ALOT of bass. Hope this helps! Good luck with the build!

2001 jeep gc

Fresh motor, exhaust, k&n, superchip, fresh out of body shop

Pioneer prs800

Focal krx2 comps

Jl 300/2

Sundown saz1500

fi q 15

For very loud music and a clean stage I would recommend Hertz SPL Show such as

Tweeters (one pair or MAX 2 pairs):

• ST25
  • ST44 (haven't heard)

Mid (2 or 3 pairs)

• ML700

MidBass (2 or 3 pairs)

• ML1600

I am recommending this set up because I have personally heard it on 4 18's and 10k and it sounds absolutely sublime. The tweeters with out the subs are harsh for my ears but when the subs are around 152db the super tweeters are necessary to hear lyrics clearly

Scion tC SQ Build
iPad mini, lots of fabrication, daily driven
Ford Explorer C Pillar Wall Build

Just a cheap car to destroy with bass :D

For very loud music and a clean stage I would recommend Hertz SPL Show such as

Tweeters (one pair or MAX 2 pairs):

• ST25
  • ST44 (haven't heard)

Mid (2 or 3 pairs)

• ML700

MidBass (2 or 3 pairs)

• ML1600

I am recommending this set up because I have personally heard it on 4 18's and 10k and it sounds absolutely sublime. The tweeters with out the subs are harsh for my ears but when the subs are around 152db the super tweeters are necessary to hear lyrics clearly

Thank You! i'm glad to hear from someone who has a set up similar to the one i;m planning to build! i will defiantly look these speakers up!

Archived