Second Skin Audio

Super Neo System Installation Help - Box and Battery Recommendations!!!!!!!

Dwn4BassAlan

So, as I work secretly to summon the remaining soft-parts for the woofer, I would like to start getting some input on a few things system wise.

Overall it should be fairly simple, nothing majorly complex or ridiculous since I'm only using the single 18" and the DC 3.5k. I'm also working on the alternator setup, and as of right now I'm still thinking double v-belt might be my only option since I have a short water pump, which really really really screws me as far as serp belt converting goes. So that should be resolved soon. Either way I go, I'm planning on running at least 1 big battery in the trunk, or maybe upgrading the front and adding a medium in the trunk. Suggestions on that would be cool.

But most importantly lets talk box size and tuning. I don't have the equipment to get accurate t/s params, so please don't tell me to get them.

What I would like is some suggestions as to what box size you think might be safe to try out. I can't say too much about the soft parts right now for low-key reasons but I'm just asking for some real ballpark figures here. I need a trunk box, ported, don't think a 4th will work well without accurate parameters, and they're tough to build properly.

Biomedical/Behavioral Science Major, The (Self-Proclaimed) Undisputed-Homemade-Woofer-King

Super-Neodymium-Woofer Build Log: The D4BA-V.2 http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/169236-diy-super-neodymium-woofer-build-log/?p=2475620

Fucking love Alan you goddamned fucking super nerd lol

When Alan uses big words I don't understand

It's warming up enough that the donut-punching cyclist douchenozzles are getting their two wheeled fagmobiles out.

Everytime I see a guy driving a mini cooper I cant help but think he loves cock & (2/29/16)-My wife just bitched at me about throwing out things we don't really use. My response of well we don't really use your vagina so should we throw that out was evidently not the right response. I had to leave the room.

I missed Alan.

RIP 5/29/15 - I love you son.

5-6 cubes usually works well for most 18s

At whatever tuning you like

I think Dr.Subwoofer can help me on the tuning. Heard he says 30Hz is the best possible tuning anyone can use :) so I'll go off that logic

:peepwall:

Biomedical/Behavioral Science Major, The (Self-Proclaimed) Undisputed-Homemade-Woofer-King

Super-Neodymium-Woofer Build Log: The D4BA-V.2 http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/169236-diy-super-neodymium-woofer-build-log/?p=2475620

It's warming up enough that the donut-punching cyclist douchenozzles are getting their two wheeled fagmobiles out.

Everytime I see a guy driving a mini cooper I cant help but think he loves cock & (2/29/16)-My wife just bitched at me about throwing out things we don't really use. My response of well we don't really use your vagina so should we throw that out was evidently not the right response. I had to leave the room.

I missed Alan.

I think Dr.Subwoofer can help me on the tuning. Heard he says 30Hz is the best possible tuning anyone can use :) so I'll go off that logic

and since its an 18 and bigger subs have better floppy bass it should hit lows better than say and 8 or 10 would

2006 Ford Explorer

2 Team AA/Sundown 15s

6th order

Ct Sounds 7k

4 PRV Mr500 8s

Rockford p1000-2

Team Subsonic Lows

and since its an 18 and bigger subs have better floppy bass it should hit lows better than say and 8 or 10 would

It's the secret key to getting great low tones. So glad the Dr was kind enough to share the info with us.

I missed Alan.

Archived