Second Skin Audio

Dual Ported with Different Port Tune

timc31610

That sub should be happy in the volume it's in and should be flat above tuning.

I think you're killing the upper sub bass response in two ways. First, down firing the sub with all that cabin area and second, having the sub and port opposed 180°... so any midbass response you're getting is probably being partly eaten by carpet/ headliner and then what's left is cancelled acoustically.

As for tuning two subs to different frequencies in different boxes on different amps in the same vehicle... don't do it. Chances of it working out well are very slim.

But if you do go ahead and do that and, it works out well... drive immediately to the store and buy a lottery ticket. :-)

Facebook: facebook.com/audioanarchyllc

Instagram: audioanarchyllc

Youtube: youtube.com/bbeljefe

aaresizehorizontal_zps47821bb2.jpg

Your pic is good, I couldn't come up with your claimed net volume on 8x44x13.5 (guessing those are external dimensions) using a 12" x 1 3/8" port area dimensions..

Anyways since you have to put stuff on the top I would redo the box for two subs aiming subs and port back, maybe some sub grilles to avoid possible damage to them.

You can also try adding some midbass drivers to your front stage to fill the gap and see if that works.

You are correct, I used the RE Box Calculator (which now I know is not the best) and it says 1.63 ft3 with 1.5" port width.Screenshot_1.png

I am shopping now for some decent affordable mids. Will be a few weeks before I can rebuild the box :-(

Archived