Multiple runs of 0 gauge for big 3?

Im upgrading my system soon so i am going to redo my big 3. I am getting a 320 amp Mechman alt and i have a XS power D3400 under the hood. I plan on running 2 runs of CCA Execution audio 0 gauge to my CT sounds 2500.1 and another run of 0 gauge for my CT sounds 125.4. So since im running multiple runs from my battery to my amps shouldn't i run multiple runs for my big 3? or at least 2 runs. i talked to the guy at Mechman and he said i would only need one run and i just wanted to get some opinions. if i only should do one run for my big 3 wouldnt OFC be a better choice? Any help is appreciated

Well big 3 wise you should base your runs off of the amount of amps the alt can put out. If it is going to be a smaller alt like a 200 amp then 1/0 cca will be fine. If it is gonna be a bigger alt like a 300 amp then 1/0 ofc. If it is gonna be more than that then you should either run 2 runs of 1/0 or something like Sky High's 2/0.

I just looked back and noticed that your alt is a 320. Based on that, I would run 1 run of Sky High's 2/0 ofc just to be safe. CCA would work, but it is better to have a little overkill than pushing the limits of what you got.

Well big 3 wise you should base your runs off of the amount of amps the alt can put out. If it is going to be a smaller alt like a 200 amp then 1/0 cca will be fine. If it is gonna be a bigger alt like a 300 amp then 1/0 ofc. If it is gonna be more than that then you should either run 2 runs of 1/0 or something like Sky High's 2/0.

I just looked back and noticed that your alt is a 320. Based on that, I would run 1 run of Sky High's 2/0 ofc just to be safe. CCA would work, but it is better to have a little overkill than pushing the limits of what you got.

So its not bad to have 2 runs from the alt? I talked to this guy at mechman and he said 3 runs would be to much and i said what about 2 runs but he said i would only need to run 1. Im using 300 amp inline fuses. I would think 2 runs would be just right but i just dont wanna do shit wrong. Also two runs of CCA is about the same amount of money as 1 run of OFC so idk.

you want to get extra battery/ies in the back.. two pos runs from alt one to battery under the hood and another to the battery in the back.. single negative run from front to back wont hurt..

sometimes Loud is NOT pretty

Sounds like its safe to go ahead and bend that ass over.

you want to get extra battery/ies in the back.. two pos runs from alt one to battery under the hood and another to the battery in the back.. single negative run from front to back wont hurt..

I plan on getting another XS power in the back eventually but for now im only running the D3400. so would 2 runs just to the battery under the hood be good? And if i did that would it be smart to also use 2 runs for the grounds in the big 3?

You can never have to many runs of wire, you can just have a lot of useless wire. If you are only gonna have at most 350 amps then you don't need two runs of 1/0 ofc that will allow up to 600 amps.

So 2 runs of CCA? or 1 run of OFC in your opinion?

for over 2500rms you want to have another battery in the back.. otherwise you will kill ur front bat .. even with 320 machman alt...

sometimes Loud is NOT pretty

Sounds like its safe to go ahead and bend that ass over.

Archived