Hissing in speakers? Grounds Maybe? RCAs? IDK

I just installed (partially) a system in my sisters 02 Ford Explorer. Heres the gear im running

Kenwood BT555U

Rockford RCAs ( Not the dual twisted )

SHCA OFC 1/0 Power and Ground with SHCA 1/0 to 4ga reducers

SHCA 16ga OFC Speaer wire

Knukoncepts 18ga Amp Turn on lead

Precision Power BK 800.4

Crescendo CZ 6.5" Components

I hooked up the amp and tried the speaker just sitting in the trunk and noticed the hissing. Before installing id like to try and figure out whats going on. The speaker wire runs were very short ( 1.5-2ft ) and RCAs ran on opposite side of the Power. I soldered the ring terminals on the wire. Possible i did a really shitty job? i dont know. Any pictures of amp ground or whatever anyone wants i can definitely post! thanks guys

I would say since you have your power/ground on the other other side of the rca's I cant say to seperate them since they already are. Check the ground, ensure that you have taken the paint off where ever you have it grounded. Also if you have some cheap rca cables you can get noise through them. not saying you do but if they are cheap you would be better off getting a better pair.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/177477-slowboring-07-trailblazer-build/

Pioneer DEH-80PRS
PRV 8MR400-NDY (eight)

PRV TW350Ti (6)
Sky High 1/0 OFC, 12 gauge and 8 gauge
TM Metalworkz battery terminals

120 sqft Hushmat
XS Power D3100 (6)
Singer 350 Amp Alt

Singer 320 (2)
American Bass SQL3200

JL Audio JX360/4

Crossfire XS 8K (2)

DC Audio XL 15s (6)

VbjgkeI_zpsc016cd1e.jpg

Try regrounding everything to start with and see what happens and if that doesn't help, then start with a different H/U and keep replacing each piece to see if you can isolate the source of the hiss. Trouble shooting hiss and whine can be a problem but one way to know if it is an amp issue would be to try it with the car off and nothing else on and if the hiss is present then most likely the amp has an issue needing to be looked at. Just go through everything one piece at a time and you should be able to find the source of the problem and get it fixed.

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

just start troubleshooting each component. I would start with the deck, as it seems that most of the time it's the deck or RCAs.

RCA wires: run different set of RCAs straight from amp to deck see if they makes any difference.

Deck: try grounding the wires. I have heard that some kenwoods have the pico fuse, but I have never owned a kenwood

Amp: try plugging in an ipod via 3.5mm jack to RCAs and listen to see if you still get hissing. Does it sound like alternator whine???

I would say since you have your power/ground on the other other side of the rca's I cant say to seperate them since they already are. Check the ground, ensure that you have taken the paint off where ever you have it grounded. Also if you have some cheap rca cables you can get noise through them. not saying you do but if they are cheap you would be better off getting a better pair.

RCAs are Knukoncepts Karma SS so i wanna say those aren't it. Ground is mint! Used a wire brush thing on a drill and cleaned that bitch! Maybe it's not the best location? Will post a picture this weekend ( sisters car )

just start troubleshooting each component. I would start with the deck, as it seems that most of the time it's the deck or RCAs.

RCA wires: run different set of RCAs straight from amp to deck see if they makes any difference.

Deck: try grounding the wires. I have heard that some kenwoods have the pico fuse, but I have never owned a kenwood

Amp: try plugging in an ipod via 3.5mm jack to RCAs and listen to see if you still get hissing. Does it sound like alternator whine???

Doesnt sound like alternator whine. Will double check this weekend.

Try regrounding everything to start with and see what happens and if that doesn't help, then start with a different H/U and keep replacing each piece to see if you can isolate the source of the hiss. Trouble shooting hiss and whine can be a problem but one way to know if it is an amp issue would be to try it with the car off and nothing else on and if the hiss is present then most likely the amp has an issue needing to be looked at. Just go through everything one piece at a time and you should be able to find the source of the problem and get it fixed.

I had the amp in my car for a while and i didnt notice it. howver its different speakers, car, eletrical, to many variables. Will start by trying it in my car again with the same speakers in her car and see if its there. If it is i have a RF punch 400.4 i can try them on and see if that changes it. Thanks for the inputs!

Will Update this weekend!!

It might be the grounding on the H/U itself or the RCA's. Try grounding the RCA's or simply switching the L and R inputs around to see if that will work.

2001 Saturn L200
-Sony MEX-BT4100P
FRONT STAGE:
- (4) Crescendo PWX 6
- Cadence XA250.2
SUB STAGE:
-Fi Audio BL 15 (Sealed Off)
-Crescendo BC2k
ELECTRICAL:
- Singer 240A alt

- XS Power D3400
- SkyHigh OFC power/speaker wire
- Big 3 with SkyHigh 0gauge
Build Log: Click Here

Scores: 146.5db @ 29hz Outlaw

I had a hiss coming from my component set as well as my rear speakers. All i did was switch the L and R RCA's and it stopped. Not sure why though.

2001 Saturn L200
-Sony MEX-BT4100P
FRONT STAGE:
- (4) Crescendo PWX 6
- Cadence XA250.2
SUB STAGE:
-Fi Audio BL 15 (Sealed Off)
-Crescendo BC2k
ELECTRICAL:
- Singer 240A alt

- XS Power D3400
- SkyHigh OFC power/speaker wire