Sundown Audio

bass turns off and mids n high go low for a sec??

Blake Farrar

Your wiring is ummm bad. All that copper exposed eeeeek

A suggestion if I may OP. Not knocking you, just trying to be of some help.....

I am sure you see N8's comment and say you cant help it because of the angle on the inputs of the amp. He makes a good point, he isn't being a dick. What I would do to fix it without making any drastic changes would be to drill holes in your amp rack so you can bring the wires to the amp inputs at a more straight in angle. That would accomplish a few things...

• Exposed copper is a safety issue. Big time. Plus it opens the door for corrosion.
  • Potentially increase surface area of contact between amp and wire = better performance and a cooler running amp
  • It just looks better with less wire showing

I am sure you see N8's comment and say you cant help it because of the angle on the inputs of the amp. He makes a good point, he isn't being a dick. What I would do to fix it without making any drastic changes would be to drill holes in your amp rack so you can bring the wires to the amp inputs at a more straight in angle. That would accomplish a few things...

• Exposed copper is a safety issue. Big time. Plus it opens the door for corrosion.
  • Potentially increase surface area of contact between amp and wire = better performance and a cooler running amp

easier said than done i have the amp mounted to a piece of mdf thans mounted to the sub box there isnt enough room to do that unless i did alot of work and im not even sure how long im gonna have that hifonics amp tbh.

easier said than done i have the amp mounted to a piece of mdf thans mounted to the sub box there isnt enough room to do that unless i did alot of work and im not even sure how long im gonna have that hifonics amp tbh.

You're right, easier said than done. But then again, most things are.

At the end of the day its your ride and your situation which has no bearing on me, just trying to help however I can. My suggestions would involve some work on your end, no doubt; but isn't that part of the fun of our hobby? In the pics it looks like there is already some space between the MDF piece that the amps are mounted to and the sub box, but sometimes pics can be deceiving. If there is already some space there, it wouldn't be that much more work to increase the spacing.

You're right, easier said than done. But then again, most things are.

At the end of the day its your ride and your situation which has no bearing on me, just trying to help however I can. My suggestions would involve some work on your end, no doubt; but isn't that part of the fun of our hobby? In the pics it looks like there is already some space between the MDF piece that the amps are mounted to and the sub box, but sometimes pics can be deceiving. If there is already some space there, it wouldn't be that much more work to increase the spacing.

yeah you're right im kinda feeling like a change in my system is needed im just waiting for my life right now to settle down i got alot of stuff coming up. but after all that im hopping to upgrade everything.

How many batteries do you have?

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/garage/vehicle/2438-jeep-commander/

th_140x100square.jpgMechman_140x100px.JPGDCHome.jpgI

image_url-76414-1423274612_thumb.jpgimage_url-76414-1423320284_thumb.jpg

Pioneer P99RS
Ampere 3800
2-Ampere 125/4
4-6.5 inch Hertz HSK XL Mids
4-8 inch JL Audio ZR Midwoofer

2-5.25 Satori Mids
2-Morel Tweeters, 2 Hertz Milles 3 inch on A pillars
2-Hertz Silk tweeters