Hey Woodworkers/refinishers....OK, Video of my Mom getting her present is up on pg. 6

Hey y'all. What grit paper should I use to sand in between coats of Danish oil?

Did you get that scar tissue when you got your vagina installed?

KNOWLEDGE DESTROYS FEAR Measure twice, cut once

JVC touchscreen HU Mmats E600.4

Realm L56c Audiophile 6.5 comps up front JBL P963 rear deck PB RTA 112 trunk CE Auto Big 3 Mechman 240alt D'Amore VM-1

I find that for a natural clear for me it's best to wait until it's dry enough and hit it with some 320 for danish oil. If it gets all goopy/gummy when sanding the first coat let it dry some more. I don't usually work on to many soft pieces, but I think it should work alright.

Some people skip the sanding before doing oil if it's really really smooth and just buff it with #0000 steel wool but if it depends on what you consider smooth, I basically always sand just to help it soak in. For the second coat, when you start wiping it on it should start to build the finish up, and the key here is to be ready to wipe it down to take off the goopy excess. It should get a little tacky after 15-20 minutes depending on your conditions, that's when I start to wipe with a clean towel. If you wait to long it's like taking off a really thick grease, super annoying. Then I let it dry for 36-48hrs before the 3rd coat, I don't usually sand between 2nd and 3rd unless it's rough though.

I use this same basic process for the 3rd and 4th coat if necessary, just make sure you let the second dry for a long time, and make sure you wipe down the coat after about 20 minutes to get rid of the excess! If you don't wipe it and you try to sand it you risk ruining that area. Good luck to ya man!

Just remember, long dry times are best, wipe down excess on the finishing coats, and don't bunch up your rags lol.

Biomedical/Behavioral Science Major, The (Self-Proclaimed) Undisputed-Homemade-Woofer-King

Super-Neodymium-Woofer Build Log: The D4BA-V.2 http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/169236-diy-super-neodymium-woofer-build-log/?p=2475620

Fucking love Alan you goddamned fucking super nerd lol

When Alan uses big words I don't understand

It's warming up enough that the donut-punching cyclist douchenozzles are getting their two wheeled fagmobiles out.

Everytime I see a guy driving a mini cooper I cant help but think he loves cock & (2/29/16)-My wife just bitched at me about throwing out things we don't really use. My response of well we don't really use your vagina so should we throw that out was evidently not the right response. I had to leave the room.

I missed Alan.

RIP 5/29/15 - I love you son.

Got started with some Watco Danish oil today. Not sure how many coats I am going to do total. Gonna wait and see how it looks after a few days of drying.

unnamed.jpg

unnamed1.jpg

Growing a beard and woodworking go great together.

unnamed2.jpg

Realm L56c Audiophile 6.5 comps up front JBL P963 rear deck PB RTA 112 trunk CE Auto Big 3 Mechman 240alt D'Amore VM-1

Looking great!!!!

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/garage/vehicle/2438-jeep-commander/

th_140x100square.jpgMechman_140x100px.JPGDCHome.jpgI

image_url-76414-1423274612_thumb.jpgimage_url-76414-1423320284_thumb.jpg

Pioneer P99RS
Ampere 3800
2-Ampere 125/4
4-6.5 inch Hertz HSK XL Mids
4-8 inch JL Audio ZR Midwoofer

2-5.25 Satori Mids
2-Morel Tweeters, 2 Hertz Milles 3 inch on A pillars
2-Hertz Silk tweeters
DC Audio Level 5/12
Skyhigh Wire
Mechman 320
XS Power D3100

MO Funniest Thread of the Year 2013: http://www.stevemead...dy-being-a-pos/

the mid-grain looks awesome with the oil, great color choice!

Biomedical/Behavioral Science Major, The (Self-Proclaimed) Undisputed-Homemade-Woofer-King

Super-Neodymium-Woofer Build Log: The D4BA-V.2 http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/169236-diy-super-neodymium-woofer-build-log/?p=2475620

Fucking love Alan you goddamned fucking super nerd lol

When Alan uses big words I don't understand

It's warming up enough that the donut-punching cyclist douchenozzles are getting their two wheeled fagmobiles out.

Everytime I see a guy driving a mini cooper I cant help but think he loves cock & (2/29/16)-My wife just bitched at me about throwing out things we don't really use. My response of well we don't really use your vagina so should we throw that out was evidently not the right response. I had to leave the room.

I missed Alan.

RIP 5/29/15 - I love you son.

Thanks y'all, I am super stoked with the way it is coming out. Taking my gf and her kid to sea world today, so it will have plenty of time to dry out before I get to work on it some more. Happy Sunday!

Back to work on this today. Gonna put another couple coats of oil on it. Now I am batting around the idea of putting a good coat of beexwax on it for the final touch. Any ideas about that?

Bees wax or paste wax will look great!!!

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/garage/vehicle/2438-jeep-commander/

th_140x100square.jpgMechman_140x100px.JPGDCHome.jpgI

image_url-76414-1423274612_thumb.jpgimage_url-76414-1423320284_thumb.jpg

Pioneer P99RS
Ampere 3800
2-Ampere 125/4
4-6.5 inch Hertz HSK XL Mids
4-8 inch JL Audio ZR Midwoofer

2-5.25 Satori Mids
2-Morel Tweeters, 2 Hertz Milles 3 inch on A pillars
2-Hertz Silk tweeters
DC Audio Level 5/12
Skyhigh Wire
Mechman 320
XS Power D3100

MO Funniest Thread of the Year 2013: http://www.stevemead...dy-being-a-pos/

Decided to go ahead and oil the back piece too. It is pure cedar with no veneer like the front and sides, but I just wanted to see the cedar with oil on it. I am leving the inside un-oiled and natural, so it will keep the awesome ceder smell.

unnamed3.jpg

Archived