• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow those look amazing. I'm curious though, how are you re-attaching the bottom portion of the panel to the upper?

Thanks alaskanzx5 I might just do that
I can recone a sub myself. About a year ago I took 2 12" power acoustic mofos and made one sub. I took the magnet and the motor off of one and j b welded it to the other motor and magnet. I had to wind my own voice coil so it would work. After I was done hooked up to 2 boss 5000w amps. And shattered my back and all my side windows

came to this thread to recommend soundqubed and ct sounds. OP goes with soundstream.

oh lawd.

I love the anti-hifonics posts lol. I am looking forward to seeing a nice build with 4+ KW of affordable power. It isn't always about brsms names and price tags. If it gets loud and is reliable, the no matter how much you hate the brand.. it is loud and reliable. I am louder (not loud, only mid 40s) than a lot of people running gear that costs 3x what mine does. I have been running it for almost a year with no issues. I love when people hear it and compliment it, then they walk around the back and I pop the hatch and they are like "oh.. Hifonics.. nice, I guess".... like suddenly I dropped 5db or something.

1kw of your favorite brand (actual meaured power) will not get you any louder than 1kw (actual measured power) from some brand you don't like lol.

Back to the build though! Whether you like his choice of gear, this is looking to be an awesome build. Looking forward to updates.

Would you put money on that? I guarantee a more expensive amp could increase output pending install. Sure the cheaper amp might produce the same power but at what cost? The lack of cooling? efficiency? Clean power?

More expensive amps from companies with a better reputation are usually priced higher due to 1-3 of those things I listed plus some for some brands.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

This build us great none the though. Can't wait to see the final product, you guts do some great work.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

Archived