Second Skin Audio

difference is current 18" Fi subs?

Fuzzy336

well from personal exp i would try the z3 18s i have one in a 4cub net box right now and it sounds really good and have it on twice the rated power only got stinky when brand new very good sub in my opinion and should keep you below the window line. dont know about the other subs you list never ran them

Would you consider running 2 SP4's instead of 4 Q's?

You could run one per amp, it would be a little cheaper and you would need a lot less space

Or, you could always wall it :)

I Just took a look at the Fi BL 18's, and they recommend 5 cubic feet a sub, and a lot of people are running them in 4 cubic feet, I think I might run them, I just want to do something different around where I live, and no one has 4 18's, I only know one other person with 1 18, and I want to go over the top, what all upgrades would you recommend on the BL's, and does anyone have any personal experience with BL's?

My Youtube Channel

Trying to guess the SPL of a system with out a meter is like trying to guess how much air pressure is in a compressor tank just by letting some of the air out.

...Seems like 90 psi...

Dude before you spend a ton of money and get mad when people with less/smaller subs are louder, listen to these guys. The subs need space.

Kenwood Excelon x396AQ2200Fi Q 12XS D3400

XS XP30001/0 RADAFLEXStinger volt meter

Mechman 240a alt

I Just took a look at the Fi BL 18's, and they recommend 5 cubic feet a sub, and a lot of people are running them in 4 cubic feet, I think I might run them, I just want to do something different around where I live, and no one has 4 18's, I only know one other person with 1 18, and I want to go over the top, what all upgrades would you recommend on the BL's, and does anyone have any personal experience with BL's?

They recommend 5 cubes MINIMUM. 5-8 cubes per. And with a tune as low as you want, you will need lots of port even though there's not much Xmax on those subs.

Even with 4 18's they will way under perform compared to their potential if you choke them.

But hey, do it your way you seem pretty set on 4 18's. Just don't get mad when someone is louder than you with less power and less cone. But hey, at least you will be that guy with 4 18's right?

Also, is your electrical stout enough to allow all of your amps to make full power?

who. who is running 18" Fi drivers in 4 cubes of space?

a lot of people isn't one person.

listen, mate. its either Fi 15's, or sundown zv3 18's, or some other brand that makes 18's that like really small enclosures. which is a rarity.

Sundown Zv3's are your only option if you want 18's.

6 Cubes per 18 if you stick with Fi. So you will need a double layered box, probably triple baffle for the weight, bracing, and about 5 cubes taken by the port. So in reality you need 24 + 5 + 1 (bracing) + 1 (subwoofers) = 31 cubes AFTER you have a 1.5in thick or more box.

you have room for that?

29408240963_9908a51930_o.png
Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's]

BL :  http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/

How far off would I need the box to be away from my back hatch? I might get a bit more space out of that, and I can also get the box to extend over the battery in the back to gain some space there.

And if I'm running common air space between the subs, with the port on the back the port wouldn't be that big would it? Atleast from the numbers I was comparing on the12volt calc it doesn't seem to need to be that big, but port size is something I'm still learning lol.

And to the person asking about electrical, I'm going to be running 6000 watts rms on 2 d3100's, mechman 270 amp alt, and 3 runs of 0 ga from hood to rear between the batteries, I think I'll be good on electrical.

My Youtube Channel

Trying to guess the SPL of a system with out a meter is like trying to guess how much air pressure is in a compressor tank just by letting some of the air out.

...Seems like 90 psi...

Archived