Second Skin Audio

Someone check my drawing for problems

shanesauce

Last night I got bored at work and made a design to scale for 2 10's.

I have used the Torres calculator in combination with the 12volt port length calculator and the RE audio calculator to get a list for the cuts.

Now if I'm not mistaken the gross volume is 3.15 cubes at 36x11x18.

The drawing shows 32 inches of port length which should give me 16 square inches of port per cube net @ 32hz.

This puts me around 2.4 cubes before sub displacement so figure 2.2 cubes after subs.

Would this port layout be ideal or would a standard L port be better in this situation?

20131106_192013.jpg

- 2012 Mustang 3.7 Manual

- Audio under construction

The left sub may have unloading issues with the port like that, a simple L shaped port will do a better job. Can't tell you anymore since you don't say what subs, vehicle, amp you have.

Sorry I didn't specify.

2012 Mustang with forward facing sub and port, sealed from the trunk.

Soundqubed hds200 for sub stage and I haven't decided on amplifier yet.

HDS subs will want larger airspace, like 1.4-1.5 a piece, take a look at their suggestions table at their website, go for a port area around their suggestions also, These subs also loose output tuned low, I would suggest no less than 35Hz and let a good seal off lift up your low end a bit.

If you want to do your own calculations use Torres solely and a simple drawing to get your port part lengths.

HDS subs will want larger airspace, like 1.4-1.5 a piece, take a look at their suggestions table at their website, go for a port area around their suggestions also, These subs also loose output tuned low, I would suggest no less than 35Hz and let a good seal off lift up your low end a bit.

If you want to do your own calculations use Torres solely and a simple drawing to get your port part lengths.

Is there a better option you could think of in terms of giving each woofer about 1.1 cuft to breathe? I was thinking hsd200's for the awesome price.

I listen to a lot of rock and rap.

edit: Those are the max dimensions I could go so maybe I should step down to 2 SA-8? I am just worried about the output on the 8's.

What kind of db are you looking to hit? I run singlec10 here and get 135 db.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/garage/vehicle/2438-jeep-commander/

th_140x100square.jpgMechman_140x100px.JPGDCHome.jpgI

image_url-76414-1423274612_thumb.jpgimage_url-76414-1423320284_thumb.jpg

Pioneer P99RS
Ampere 3800
2-Ampere 125/4
4-6.5 inch Hertz HSK XL Mids
4-8 inch JL Audio ZR Midwoofer

2-5.25 Satori Mids
2-Morel Tweeters, 2 Hertz Milles 3 inch on A pillars
2-Hertz Silk tweeters
DC Audio Level 5/12
Skyhigh Wire
Mechman 320
XS Power D3100

MO Funniest Thread of the Year 2013: http://www.stevemead...dy-being-a-pos/

What kind of db are you looking to hit? I run singlec10 here and get 135 db.

I'm just looking for a daily setup that will get low and give me the most output with the airspace I have on about 1k rms.

edit: I could honestly do external aero and get about 3cuft for the subs but I don't want to sacrifice my whole trunk.

Archived