FeelDaBass Posted November 8, 2013 Report Posted November 8, 2013 Hi, I'm not trying to start a VS thread, but I was wondering what kind of input I would get from this. I currently have a T1D215 on a T1500-1bdCP @ 4 ohms and it is nice for what it is. I hit a 137.4 with backseat in (non fold-able) and sealed off from the trunk. I'm wondering if an SA X 15 or 18 would be beneficial for the price difference and extra work involving a box and everything. I would be purchasing one around tax return season and have a buddy that wants to buy my sub. If I did get an X, would I want to run it at 1 or 2 ohms on my amp? I have stock electrical (130 amp alt) and one Optima YT under the hood (which might be dying at the moment). My electrical has been able to keep up at 4 ohms anyway. Also running a T600-4. Would an X do anything different though? I have a huge trunk in my '98 Chrysler Concorde and I like SQL. Definitely like the low lows but I don't want to sacrifice my upper bass frequencies. And this is for Daily. I like competing, but daily driver is more important.I have seen quite a few for sale used so I don't know what this means exactly...if it's more of a peaky non SQ sub or what. I'm looking for a fairly flat response.Any input is appreciated. '98 Chrysler Concorde LXiPioneer DEH-80PRS (HU/processing)Rockford Fosgate T1652-S (components) for frontRockford Fosgate T1693 (6x9s) for rearRockford Fosgate T600-4 running thoseRockford Fosgate T1500-1bdCP running a Rockford Fosgate T1D215 15"in a 3.1 cu ft. net tuned to 34 hz (firing in cabin)Kicker PKD1 (0 & 4 AWG)stock 130 amp alt for now; One yellow top OptimaInstalled everything myself & built box (brother helped) Used a DD-1 to set gains. Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/165894-first-build-accumulated-since-i-was-14/Just Pics: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/garage/vehicle/1463-chrysler-concorde-lxi/?tab=images
Smoove Posted November 8, 2013 Report Posted November 8, 2013 The X is not designed as an SQ sub. And I don't know that I would run it in a sealed off trunk. 2 Team Fi 15's v1 2 DD M5's 970amps of Alt 6th order blowthroughThe truck Blowthrough build : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/155555-smooves-1996-chevy-ext-cab-c1500-slow-build/The 350z build : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/170694-smooves-2003-nissan-350z/ My FB page https://www.facebook.com/pages/Smooves-Car-Audio-and-performance/719746144805343 Team Fi Audio http://www.ficaraudio.com/
FeelDaBass Posted November 8, 2013 Author Report Posted November 8, 2013 So it's strictly SPL for low frequencies then? Damn.. Sounds tempting but idk. '98 Chrysler Concorde LXiPioneer DEH-80PRS (HU/processing)Rockford Fosgate T1652-S (components) for frontRockford Fosgate T1693 (6x9s) for rearRockford Fosgate T600-4 running thoseRockford Fosgate T1500-1bdCP running a Rockford Fosgate T1D215 15"in a 3.1 cu ft. net tuned to 34 hz (firing in cabin)Kicker PKD1 (0 & 4 AWG)stock 130 amp alt for now; One yellow top OptimaInstalled everything myself & built box (brother helped) Used a DD-1 to set gains. Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/165894-first-build-accumulated-since-i-was-14/Just Pics: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/garage/vehicle/1463-chrysler-concorde-lxi/?tab=images
DylanBunch Posted November 8, 2013 Report Posted November 8, 2013 just cause its not a sq woofer doesnt mean its a straight up spl sub lol its made for low lows, builds like kevosinn or a ported box tuned in the high 20s or low 30s. I had an x 18 and wasnt upset with it but wasnt real crazy about it. Had a ported box tuned to 35 and didnt have a good bandwidth. Wasnt even running a ton of port, probably not even enough haha likely was just my box design though. 2006 Ford Explorer 2 Team AA/Sundown 15s 6th order Ct Sounds 7k 4 PRV Mr500 8s Rockford p1000-2 Team Subsonic Lows
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.