BASShead12 Posted November 8, 2013 Report Posted November 8, 2013 So I am going to have a custom box built for my 2 Rockford Fosgate Punch HX2 12" Subs dvc 4ohm 2003 model. From what I have read about them they are made for spl but I want sq. The builder suggested why not make it an SQL box and I thought hell why not sounds like a great idea to me. This is going to go in a 2000 Pontiac Grand Prix trunk. I was thinking about getting a Crescendo bc2000d to power these (just to have enough headroom for future sub upgrade) as well as do the big 3 with 0 gauge ,run 0 to the amp, upgrade to H.O alt idk how many amps though . I have 400 rms for mids and highs already running on 4 gauge wire. My stock alt does 110 amps, idk how many amps my car uses for the electrical accessories. I also have 1 kicker 15" L7 dvc 2 ohm 2003 model. But I think I will be better of with the HX2s I only plan on pushing between 1000-1200 watts on the subs I don't want to blow them. any opinions and suggestions welcome Hu: Alpine CDE-141 Eq: Clarion EQS-746 Mids/Highs: Alpine SPR-50c 5.25" components Mids rear: Alpine SPR-69 6x9 Mids amp: Alpine MRX-F65 Power/Ground: Massive Audio 4 AWG Signal Cable: Massive Audio 14 Gauge RCA's: Monster cable Subs: 2 Rockford Fosgate HX2 12's Sub amp: Crescendo BC2000D Custom box - Herculiner with Silver port Big 3 and power/ground - Sky High Car Audio 1/0 OFC Coming soon: H.O Alternator Singer or Mechman
rockFord_Expedition Posted November 8, 2013 Report Posted November 8, 2013 Great subs. Can't wait to see how this turns out. Old School/New School RF Build March 2015 SOTM Winner How to crimp large wire
BASShead12 Posted November 24, 2013 Author Report Posted November 24, 2013 Bump. So I ended up trading my L7 for the custom box, it has 4 ft sq for both subs, kerf port tuned to 35hz. It is bare at the moment I will paint soon and post pics. Bought sky high 1/0 ofc for power and big 3. Bought crescendo bc2k arriving Monday. Also bought some replacement gaskets for my hx2s from fixmyspeaker.com Hu: Alpine CDE-141 Eq: Clarion EQS-746 Mids/Highs: Alpine SPR-50c 5.25" components Mids rear: Alpine SPR-69 6x9 Mids amp: Alpine MRX-F65 Power/Ground: Massive Audio 4 AWG Signal Cable: Massive Audio 14 Gauge RCA's: Monster cable Subs: 2 Rockford Fosgate HX2 12's Sub amp: Crescendo BC2000D Custom box - Herculiner with Silver port Big 3 and power/ground - Sky High Car Audio 1/0 OFC Coming soon: H.O Alternator Singer or Mechman
CleanSierra Posted November 24, 2013 Report Posted November 24, 2013 Pictures please Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.
BASShead12 Posted November 30, 2013 Author Report Posted November 30, 2013 bump. Here are the pics of the box when i got it, test fit woofers, and finished with paint. Hu: Alpine CDE-141 Eq: Clarion EQS-746 Mids/Highs: Alpine SPR-50c 5.25" components Mids rear: Alpine SPR-69 6x9 Mids amp: Alpine MRX-F65 Power/Ground: Massive Audio 4 AWG Signal Cable: Massive Audio 14 Gauge RCA's: Monster cable Subs: 2 Rockford Fosgate HX2 12's Sub amp: Crescendo BC2000D Custom box - Herculiner with Silver port Big 3 and power/ground - Sky High Car Audio 1/0 OFC Coming soon: H.O Alternator Singer or Mechman
rockFord_Expedition Posted November 30, 2013 Report Posted November 30, 2013 Looks nice man! Oh, and no need to start off a post with "bump" when you are posting content Old School/New School RF Build March 2015 SOTM Winner How to crimp large wire
BASShead12 Posted November 30, 2013 Author Report Posted November 30, 2013 Okay good to know thanks. Hu: Alpine CDE-141 Eq: Clarion EQS-746 Mids/Highs: Alpine SPR-50c 5.25" components Mids rear: Alpine SPR-69 6x9 Mids amp: Alpine MRX-F65 Power/Ground: Massive Audio 4 AWG Signal Cable: Massive Audio 14 Gauge RCA's: Monster cable Subs: 2 Rockford Fosgate HX2 12's Sub amp: Crescendo BC2000D Custom box - Herculiner with Silver port Big 3 and power/ground - Sky High Car Audio 1/0 OFC Coming soon: H.O Alternator Singer or Mechman
BASShead12 Posted November 30, 2013 Author Report Posted November 30, 2013 I thought i was being original when i thought about putting bedliner on my box. Turns out everyone and their mom has already done it lol Hu: Alpine CDE-141 Eq: Clarion EQS-746 Mids/Highs: Alpine SPR-50c 5.25" components Mids rear: Alpine SPR-69 6x9 Mids amp: Alpine MRX-F65 Power/Ground: Massive Audio 4 AWG Signal Cable: Massive Audio 14 Gauge RCA's: Monster cable Subs: 2 Rockford Fosgate HX2 12's Sub amp: Crescendo BC2000D Custom box - Herculiner with Silver port Big 3 and power/ground - Sky High Car Audio 1/0 OFC Coming soon: H.O Alternator Singer or Mechman
BASShead12 Posted December 1, 2013 Author Report Posted December 1, 2013 Pictures please pics are up Hu: Alpine CDE-141 Eq: Clarion EQS-746 Mids/Highs: Alpine SPR-50c 5.25" components Mids rear: Alpine SPR-69 6x9 Mids amp: Alpine MRX-F65 Power/Ground: Massive Audio 4 AWG Signal Cable: Massive Audio 14 Gauge RCA's: Monster cable Subs: 2 Rockford Fosgate HX2 12's Sub amp: Crescendo BC2000D Custom box - Herculiner with Silver port Big 3 and power/ground - Sky High Car Audio 1/0 OFC Coming soon: H.O Alternator Singer or Mechman
CleanSierra Posted December 1, 2013 Report Posted December 1, 2013 I know, I already got the notification email when you posted the pics. I like the box very much, it came out great. Do you like the way that it sounds? Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.